When You Least Expect It

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Rain rain go away! After 2 days of storms I had to get out and hunt.

I thought 5 inches of heavy rain would erode the beach so I hit it directly after the last storm blew through today. Absolutely no change in the beach from the wind and rain. It is really a little bit depressing around here scratching at the sand for NADA. I found a totally toasted silver dime that just fell apart in my hands. I got tired of digging pull tabs and cruddy stuff so after 90 minutes I decided to hit a spot on the island I rarely go to. Usually lots of fisherman and lead sinkers. Nobody there today so I hunted a narrow band of wet sand along the edge and heard a nice tone after only 5 minutes. I dug a couple lead sinkers and right next to one I got a faint sweet tone. I figured more lead but instead saw the color we all look for. I have to be honest, I yelled and danced all over the place.

It is really sweet to get a ticket after a dry spell. First yellow since January 1st. It is marked Benchmark 14K and is 5.4 grams.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 645
Sweet Ima !!
Congrats on some yellow goodness ..
I know how you feel as I've been skunked for quite awhile ..
Every solid beep you are thinking maybe this one ..

Good for you :)

Nice snag Greg. Makes it all worth while (at least for a few days.) We needed a bit of yellow now and then. Congradulations bro. You earned it. Next Month is Spring Break. Beat you out there.....
Marty

Nice job ending the dry spell! Someone else just posted a benchmark ring, what a coincidence!

Thats a decent god an nice way to break the dry spell:grin:. Nice sharks tooth too.

Sweet Ima !!
Congrats on some yellow goodness ..
I know how you feel as I've been skunked for quite awhile ..
Every solid beep you are thinking maybe this one ..

Good for you :)
You are right BP, you get a sweet tone and think something is good then pull out some junk. Takes thick skin. :laughing: You have been digging a lot of targets. I am real surprised you have not killed the goodies. Think outside the box. Look where you would least expect it.

Back
Top Bottom