how much time do you spend MDing?

gunwolf

Elite Member
this is question that has come to mind lately. since my surgery I have all the time in the world to go MDing, but my body just won't let me yet.
I know some of you are retired, laid-off from work...how many days do you get out? how many hours aday?
the doctors want to schedule my next surgery for July:no: I am going to postpone it as long as I can stand .
I did manage a couple days of MDing at least 5 hours, but the day after was painful. I would be happy just having a few hours everyday.
anyone MD everyday for more than a few hours?

As of right now I do roughly 3-6 hour days about 5 days a week average. I have been at my local state park non stop recently so I split the time up between land and lake. About 3 hours in water and another 3 I try to squeeze in once I get out the lake. The area I har to cover is rediculous between the park grounds, 2 lakes and multiple historic trails. I imagine I can keep this routine up for quite a while. And right now it's producing good so I plan on keeping up that schedule. At least a silver piece a day or two as of now.

I do about an hour a day, but my family is not at my location right now, so I know that will decrease upon their arrival

I go as often as the weather will allow. Through the week i would say 1 1/2 hours but the weekend 3-4 hours. Just depends on the weather, site, and how late i was up the night before. This fire department stuff is getting in the way of my hunting. LOL

YA since ive been outta work I ve been out almost everyday but find myself needing a break cause its just so much work lol ya i better find me some silver with this ace or im going to be putting it up on ebay real soon !

About 1 hour but I'm only 14 so if I had a car and no school I'd most likely be out 6-8 hours a day :lol:

How do I get my 14yr old off the online gaming?:lol: his first time out last year with the ace150 he scored two walkers! he was so into it, now if it isn't online he can't find it!

wish i had his luck if i dont get silver soon im going to give up ! Do i just need to save 3 months of checks to get a etrac?

I think it took me a month or two as I recall...take that MD everywhere with you, get to a friends house say "hey I just got a new detector and I am trying to learn it, can I practice here for a few?" worked for me more than once! now that I do have a new MD , back out to the same houses to "practice" again!

I have wondered the same thing about myself. I know in the summer, i usually do 15-20 hours a week on a good week, but at least 10 on a bad week. This year, I have started keeping a journal of my hunts and am documenting the time spent, weather, ect.
so far this month, I'm at almost 11 hours. not bad considering we are pretty frozen up here in Wisconsin. I know it will be close to 1,000 hours by years end, but it's just a guess.

I hunt 15 to 30 minutes in the morning before work.

I hunt 1 hour at lunch

I hunt 30 minutes after work.

6 hours easy each weekend.

Wife? Children? I don't know no wife and children :lol:

I am not retired so I usually try to hunt about an hour each weekday after work. I usually hunt around 6 - 8 hours on the weekend.

How do I get my 14yr old off the online gaming?:lol: his first time out last year with the ace150 he scored two walkers! he was so into it, now if it isn't online he can't find it!

My 13 year old goes with me to. Got to love em. He does just as well as i do and thats decent

I work 50 hours a week and have two small kids. Needless to say, the wife looks to me to get a break, so time to detect is whenever I can slip it in. Last night I went out detecting at a local park from 11:30 PM to 1:00 AM, and scored a big 80 cents and a sterling silver with opal ring.

Most weeks, its about 3-4 hours over the course of two to three hunts max.

Back
Top Bottom