Deus finds 7-25-16-railroad items............

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Got out this morning early-it's been a hot here:laughing:Went to two different spots. I found a few buttons a wheat and a V nickle. I found a suspender buckle and two spoons that are pretty cool. The first one says Fred Harvey on it. Fred Harvey was the owner of the Harvey House chain of restaurants,and hotels, that were located alongside railroads in the western United States. If you Google Harvey House/ Harvey Girls it's pretty interesting reading. The second spoon says Rock Island lines 1913.The closest this railroad got to Ca where I found this spoon, was Colorado or New Mexico. Had Fun digging in the dirt today-Me and the Deus are getting along fine....

Thanks for looking, and good luck to all... Tony AZ :cool:

Attachments

• 20160725_163009.jpg
    20160725_163009.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 20160725_163054.jpg
    20160725_163054.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 20160725_163150.jpg
    20160725_163150.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 20160725_163210 (1).jpg
    20160725_163210 (1).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 352
Deus finds 7-25-16-railroad items.

Congrats for getting out in this heat and being rewarded with the cool relics. :D The Deus seems to be paying off for you. :yes:

Some interesting finds, very nicely done! Hunting along railroad tracks can certainly be challenging.

And illegal in many states including mine just fyi as

Cool finds!

Nectar, I'm sure there's probably something about the RR right of way being posted, or private. So that when some numbskull gets hit by a train, he can't sue the RR. Or so that no one thinks he can go cut out sections of RR line for metal recycle value, etc...

But seriously now, people walk along RR tracks all the time. Didn't you ever do that as a kid ? And unless you're being a real nuisance, I don't see it being an issue.

Nectar, I'm sure there's probably something about the RR right of way being posted, or private. So that when some numbskull gets hit by a train, he can't sue the RR. Or so that no one thinks he can go cut out sections of RR line for metal recycle value, etc...

But seriously now, people walk along RR tracks all the time. Didn't you ever do that as a kid ? And unless you're being a real nuisance, I don't see it being an issue.

I did play on them as a kid... and trains etc... Unsure what your point was, but they are posted private property and you will get arrested for tresspassing in many cases.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am merely trying to keep others out of trouble by stating facts in many states.

You walk the tracks here and you will be arrested for trespassing and yes they press the issue. They take it very seriously...

Maybe not in all places, but again, I am merely trying to keep others who may be thinking about detecting some tracks from having some real issues to deal with.

I feel as a seasoned detectorist we have a DUTY to steer the others in the right direction, which is my intent...

Back
Top Bottom