is it silver or not

bobcartree

Forum Supporter
its small , on my metaldetecter it came up between penny and dime and i can "t find a stamp on it , it looks like silver and is not magnetic , there are skuffs that stayed silver looking so it seems not plated , and were would you put the stamp , on the bottom , so here it is

Attachments

• GEDC0089.jpg
    GEDC0089.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 285
  • GEDC0090.jpg
    GEDC0090.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 295
  • GEDC0092.jpg
    GEDC0092.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 280
  • GEDC0093.jpg
    GEDC0093.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 288
  • GEDC0095.jpg
    GEDC0095.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 283
you can get the acid test kits for silver as well, but I believe, most charms might be silver, as their content isn't that much to make using silver expensive, and you can usually tell the difference between silver and most other silver colored metals

Does it seem to be heavier than it should for its size if it were cheap steel or plated junk? It does look silver to me as well. One thing. Was it found in the dirt or on surface? If in dirt and it came out nice and clean and/or just needed dirt removed to be "clean" looking its most likely silver.

Looks like a stamp on the bottom, is there a color difference where the loop is? Got a loupe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 255
Does it seem to be heavier than it should for its size if it were cheap steel or plated junk? It does look silver to me as well. One thing. Was it found in the dirt or on surface? If in dirt and it came out nice and clean and/or just needed dirt removed to be "clean" looking its most likely silver.

found in lose dry lose fine dirt ,

Its pewter. I have one just like it. That would b marked if it were silver. Its not old. Id bet $ on it. I don't have a picture of mine but here's a pewter charm I found
Get it tested and let me know.

Attachments

• 20150627_142108-1-1.jpg
    20150627_142108-1-1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom