graveyards /cemeterys

Status
Not open for further replies.

digman

:?: [/b]
has anyone had any luck in the boneyards? was thinking of giveing it a try there and thought you may have some insight thanx Bob

Mmmm... Not something I would even consider. I would have thought there would be legal, as well as ethical issues ?

Stay out of Cemeteries.

Stay out of Cemeteries unless you want to kill the hobby. In some states such as Wisconsin it is illegal to dig in a cemetery new or old ones.

I think this "horse" has already been beaten to the point where only the bones remain, no pun intended.

But I agree with Alan and ezdigger - the ethical and legal issues arising from such an activity are various, not to mention the potential for a very bad "black eye" to the metal detecting hobby.

Angel

Some things should stay in the ground. I wouldn't hunt a graveyard out of respect for the families.

Think Aretha Franklin... R-E-S-P-E-C-T...!
Seriously, Digman... we've discussed this topic in the old forum 'til it turned blue.
Go in the old forum and try typing "Cemeteries" in the search engine (if it still works). You'll get a lot of info (and opinions) on the subject.
HH, guy!

Krom

I agree with all of the above - lots of places to hunt other than where families leave their loved ones. No matter what the law is somethings are just not right. My 2 cents - your milage may vary

Ya know, this comes up way to often, and ends up being a long drawn out thread. It really OUGHT to be listed in the "metal detector's code of ethics". or highlighted somewhere on the Masthead for the site.

"Ethical detectorists do not detect in cemeteries"

A little resect please...............................................Gil

Here lies interred ye Body of Mr. Elisabeth Fairbank ye Wife of Deac'n Cyrus Fairbank who departed this Life, Oct ye 1st Anno. 1778 in ye 39th Year of her Age. "Death is a debt to Nature due, Which I have paid & so must you."

I have gone to the colonial cemetery here in town, and detecting it has never crossed my mind. The trail leading to it is another story. But disturbing the cemetery is out of the question.

We all agree respect the living and the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom