Can't get to the goods

rbdigger

Well, I know where a bunch of good targets are, but I just can't get to them. I took the afternoon off because of very low, low tides. Well, pretty low for here anyways. The tide and some recent cutting of the sand let me hear the targets, but the very large waves rolling right into shore made it impossible to dig anything. How frustrating. No place to get away from the waves. Ended up with a junk gold looking chain, a quarter, and a few large lead sinkers. If it would have been calm or even small waves, there were targets every few inches to dig.

I will be heading back to that spot as soon as the seas are calm (maybe by this summer). Hopefully some of those goodies will still be in reach.

The Excal is working great. Getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Had to hunt in PP mode as the wave kept coming and going, so in Disc mode the ground balance kept changing. Once I PPed a target and switched to Disc in between crashing waves I could hear some of the targets were good (i.e., not iron). No way to dig them though. Good practice for learning the machine is all I got out of today. But for now, that is OK.

Ron, you are at that right spot now and digging the right stuff,,,,lots of targets including trash, means people were there and when people were there,,,they lost stuff,,,,I feel one coming for you,,,,keep pecking away at it and don't give up,,,,goes in spurts and I think you are going to have one soon

Hunting the swash could be good or bad. Sometimes more light junk getting thrown around in it than anything. Timing your scoops to the swells gets old quick too if you don't have any good targets to keep you motivated.

Almost lost the dual field one day when a set wave came rushing up the slope; add a Sunspot 720 and you've got a lot of mass in both hands.

Back
Top Bottom