Trip to Clearwater Beach,Florida

coinMD64

Elite Member
Hi There, My sister and her family and I will go to visit Clearwater Beach,Florida during my Easter vacation. Any laws regarding metal detecting rules at Clearwater Beach??? I would like to know the rules before I go ahead to detect on the beach. Help woould be appreciated! Thanks!

The only rule is bring plenty of money for parking and don't let it run out. They will sit by your car waiting counting down the seconds. :lol:

nice time to be at the beach here,,,,hope you pull a couple,,,,Clearwater is one of those beaches that charges to park,,,,I really have a problem paying my taxes AND paying to enjoy a beach,,,,but, some charge and they are one of them,,, GL HH

nice time to be at the beach here,,,,hope you pull a couple,,,,Clearwater is one of those beaches that charges to park,,,,I really have a problem paying my taxes AND paying to enjoy a beach,,,,but, some charge and they are one of them,,, GL HH
Most of the beaches going south of CWB charge too. If I remember, $1.25 an hour from Sand Key to Pass-A-Grille. A long way. The main parking at CWB by the pier is $2.25 an hour! It changes depending on the season. The max is $12 a day. You just use your credit or debit card and put the paper on your dash. If you are 15 minutes over time you will be cited. It is a $25 fine if you pay in two weeks. After 2 weeks it goes to $45. If you paid $12 to park then pay a fine your day was $!! to park. Bunch of BS.

It is free parking at Jacksonville except one parking lot near the pier. It is $5 a day there Memorial Day to Labor Day on the weekends. Cities with parking meters suck. Hell, it only costs $5 a day to park ON THE BEACH at Daytona!! Clearwater has a problem with taxes. The truth is Scientology has purchased lots of buildings in Clearwater to the loss of millions in tax money. Scientology is a religion now. They own a large percent of Clearwater and avoid business and property taxes. They pay nothing and keep growing. You and I pay for this. The locals complain a lot too. You pay to park because of this and other reasons. It is not fair.

Last edited:
Make sure you hit one of the Frenchy's restaurants when you are there, and there are other good restaurants, too.
I sure miss the fresh grouper sandwiches.
Still stone crab season, also.

Ben T. Davis beach on the causeway leading into Tampa is free to park.
More of a working class beach, but those people lose coins and jewelry, too.

Back
Top Bottom