90 Targets and No Gold

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Well, you can't blame me for trying. I went back to the same spot I got that ring from yesterday and hoped to duplicate. I have to say I am tired. This is the most lead I have dug in one day. I had to go empty my pouch once. The "My Lucky Day" token made up for digging so much lead. It is exactly the size of a quarter and looks to be bronze. I really like unusual finds and tokens are hard to find on the beaches here. The weather was beautiful, sunny and about 75 degrees so it was a lucky day no matter. I had fun but my back is killing me. :lol: Good luck to everyone and hope you have a lucky day too!

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 295
Yow, that is alot of digging and alot of lead......sure was a nice day to be out.... wish I could have been out too! Got to be more yellow in that spot!

Cliff

Yow, that is alot of digging and alot of lead......sure was a nice day to be out.... wish I could have been out too! Got to be more yellow in that spot!

Cliff
Cliff, I talked to step Mom tonight. I may be coming your way for spring break! Do you know when the best dates are? Guess I need to look up when the local colleges are off. I would love to hunt with you and the other guys. Let me know if you have spring break plans for CWB.

I hate lead it sounds so good :yes: how many times did you have to empty your pouch Ima?

Digging them heavy targets in the same area you got the other one, I would say you are in the right spot and just bet there is one more around,,,keep pecking away at the spot,,,GL HH

I hate lead it sounds so good :yes: how many times did you have to empty your pouch Ima?
I dumped it once. It was hurting my hip sagging so much on my waist. When I was done it was sagging again. I wish I had a scale capable to weigh the lead. At one spot I hit the big ones in the center. In a circle of about 3 feet I dug the six 3 ounce sinkers and 4 pyramid sinkers. They are crusty. I had a mucky wet hole and they kept coming from the deep. Kept sticking that 8" coil in and the targets kept talking. Obviously a tackle box spill. Those weights were home made, one still has an extra half ounce of lead at the bottom attached from the mold. They never cut the slag off. This area is no wider than 10 feet dry to water. It gets deep after just a few feet in the water so water hunting would be real hard. Heading there one more time tomorrow to finish. :D Taking the lucky coin with me. :yes:

Cliff, I talked to step Mom tonight. I may be coming your way for spring break! Do you know when the best dates are? Guess I need to look up when the local colleges are off. I would love to hunt with you and the other guys. Let me know if you have spring break plans for CWB.

For sure..... PM sent.

Cliff

Don't chunk that lead.I got some pups and kitties who use it for food money!Think i got a scale that still does pounds if i can find it. That lucky token was probably laying right next to that gold ring you dug.It would have been true anyways if you dug them both in the 24 hour period.Aint it still one day?:lol: I had that college spring break schedule.Should have posted it! let me see if i can find the same one if someone doesn't beat me to it!

Back
Top Bottom