CTX #5 up on YouTube

Good Tips and show

Thanks for the great information. Getting to understand what the CTX 3030 is telling you is what is all about. No matter which program you use... if that cursor jumps to the bottom right side, you'll know it junk also, but bare in mind what this hunter is saying concerning the number jumping around and sh\winging in different angles. WTG... Love this video...

Philo

IDX taking us to school on the CTX 👍.
monsterTube rules !

:lol: I don't know about all that or even part of it....but if I'm lucky enough to get something on film that MAY be of use to someone else then that is the sole intention. Many different ways to run anything, just for what I'm looking for this works the best for ME. Investigate,determine,decide. Hope you are well Brad...

Excellent video! I have not tried the high trash setting yet. Looking forward to it eventually. It seems in the (over) one year you have had it you have been paying very close attention to what the detector is telling you. I guarantee that will pay dividends in the end. Right now I'm at the point where I'm finding stuff, so why change it? If I get to a site where the trash is heavy I should have something in my user modes to switch over to. But I honestly haven't had time to learn much outside of actually using the detector. I havent even used the exchange software yet. I have been fiddling with the gps though, I think that's brilliant! Looking forward to more vids keep up the good work bud!

Excellent video! I have not tried the high trash setting yet. Looking forward to it eventually. It seems in the (over) one year you have had it you have been paying very close attention to what the detector is telling you. I guarantee that will pay dividends in the end. Right now I'm at the point where I'm finding stuff, so why change it? If I get to a site where the trash is heavy I should have something in my user modes to switch over to. But I honestly haven't had time to learn much outside of actually using the detector. I havent even used the exchange software yet. I have been fiddling with the gps though, I think that's brilliant! Looking forward to more vids keep up the good work bud!

If you're finding what you want right off the bat you can't ask for more. Well done Jeff and thanks, I'm just trying to put some ideas out there that may be of some use,whether they are or not...:grin:

If you're finding what you want right off the bat you can't ask for more. Well done Jeff and thanks, I'm just trying to put some ideas out there that may be of some use,whether they are or not...:grin:

As a new CTX user, I read your posts multiple times. That video will help me in the future I'm sure of it. I appreciate the time you take into videos and posts, the are a tremendous help, for myself and many others! Good luck out there and happy hunting!

:lol: I don't know about all that or even part of it....but if I'm lucky enough to get something on film that MAY be of use to someone else then that is the sole intention. Many different ways to run anything, just for what I'm looking for this works the best for ME. Investigate,determine,decide. Hope you are well Brad...

Yup ! Always hunt in high trash and deep off 😎.
Love the video ,
Haven't been hunting much, diddling in the yard and with the boat .
Keep swinging buddy.

If you didn't see it through my other thread....it did not generate the intended interaction through the other post. I wish I was filming today,I will post that subject later.https://youtu.be/U_HLRVxuHe8

Thank you for this video. I have been working real hard to get to know the ctx. I did as you said. I run dr. Tones primary as my main program and then i set up the user mode to toggle to dr. Tones high trash. Today was the first time for me trying it. It was coin to see the correlation to steay fe numbers in high trash. Got a silver quater at 8" and the fe numbers had no bounce. Realy cool. Thanks again for sharing!

Yup ! Always hunt in high trash and deep off 😎.
Love the video ,
Haven't been hunting much, diddling in the yard and with the boat .
Keep swinging buddy.

Do you get alot of chatter in high trash? And would you still use high trash when coin/ relic hunting?

Thank you for this video. I have been working real hard to get to know the ctx. I did as you said. I run dr. Tones primary as my main program and then i set up the user mode to toggle to dr. Tones high trash. Today was the first time for me trying it. It was coin to see the correlation to steay fe numbers in high trash. Got a silver quater at 8" and the fe numbers had no bounce. Realy cool. Thanks again for sharing!

If anybody gets any use from it, then that is my intention. It's not for everyone, but may be for some. Change is hard, I know. I wouldn't dare do that Relic hunting, but I don't Relic hunt. Relic hunting requires lots of moving junk and such....not for me.
In regards to your question to Dewsweeper...you can get lots of falses, and Brad knows how to listen to that on his eTrac and weed those out. Falsing comes with running higher Manual Sensitivity, another reason why I personally don't. On my Explorer2 I would be more likely to run Manual Sensitivity than on the CTx, but again....that's me. Several ways to skin a cat, I just like to do it with less noise so I can pay attention to what I'm after. My depth may not be at it's maximum, but that's another topic...my CTX does fine with the 17" coil in Auto+3, and even the stock coil gets very respectable depth where I hunt...old ball fields and schools.

If anybody gets any use from it, then that is my intention. It's not for everyone, but may be for some. Change is hard, I know. I wouldn't dare do that Relic hunting, but I don't Relic hunt. Relic hunting requires lots of moving junk and such....not for me.
In regards to your question to Dewsweeper...you can get lots of falses, and Brad knows how to listen to that on his eTrac and weed those out. Falsing comes with running higher Manual Sensitivity, another reason why I personally don't. On my Explorer2 I would be more likely to run Manual Sensitivity than on the CTx, but again....that's me. Several ways to skin a cat, I just like to do it with less noise so I can pay attention to what I'm after. My depth may not be at it's maximum, but that's another topic...my CTX does fine with the 17" coil in Auto+3, and even the stock coil gets very respectable depth where I hunt...old ball fields and schools.
Im really sure that im a relic hunter. But i hunt woods alot and there is very little trash so i did alot of stuff that would be considered relics. I like the headstamps and have been finding spoons. But I have been kind of playing a game of using all these tips and tips along with ttpp to guess what it is that im about to dig. So it is slow going but i must say it really helps me to learn this machine.

Back
Top Bottom