I found my biggest gold ring with my new Nox!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I can't believe this! Got my Nox yesterday, charged it up last night along with the headphones. Once everything was fully charged I linked the headphones to the detector. I didn't even try it out other than to turn it on to make sure the headphones worked. This afternoon was my son's first soccer practice so I figured I could do my first tryout of the nox at the soccer field. This ring was the third target I dug. It rang up as 20 and I remembered that 20 was a zinc penny and that's what I told my daughter (who was with me). I couldn't believe it when I flipped the plug and saw gold! Only 2" down. It's a Jostens 10k Gardner Webb class ring! Didn't find much else. I had been over that same area many times in the past and probably had my coil over it, but didn't dig it because I thought it was a zincoln.

Attachments

• 20180308_173430_HDR.jpg
    20180308_173430_HDR.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 20180308_185447_HDR.jpg
    20180308_185447_HDR.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,515
Dang! Nice score. You guys keep posting this stuff and I’m trading the Deus!

Nice whopper gold, congrats! Soooo 10k honkers come up as zinc pennies? well that's a bummer...:(

I'm very lucky when it comes to finding gold rings. Plus I was digging most every signal to learn the machine. Same thing happened when TNSS loaned me his Rutus Alter 71...found 4 gold rings with it because I didn't know what was what with the VDI numbers so I was digging all solid signals at first.

I will say I enjoyed the nox. It's my first minelab and it ran super quiet and is nicely balanced. Was running factory preset park 2, but I did do a ground balance instead of the preset GB.

That's a HONKER!
Thank you!
Dang! Nice score. You guys keep posting this stuff and I’m trading the Deus!
I think it was more luck than detector....but you never know for sure:lol:
Fantastic!
Thanks!
Nice whopper gold, congrats! Soooo 10k honkers come up as zinc pennies? well that's a bummer...:(
Thanks! This is the first gold I found that rang up exactly the same as a zincoln.
That IS a honker! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!
great save. nice looking ring.
Thanks!
That’s awesome!
Thanks!
Love those gold class rings! :cool:
Me too! Thanks!
You find more dirt gold than anyone I know nice score!!!
It's been a lucky year and half since I started detecting. Thanks for the nice words!
Nice ring . Good job. Makes me want to go to the local soccer field.
My second gold out of the this particular soccer field...I'm sure there's more! thanks!

Wowzers!! That’s a sweet honking ring, congrats!

I'm very lucky when it comes to finding gold rings. Plus I was digging most every signal to learn the machine. Same thing happened when TNSS loaned me his Rutus Alter 71...found 4 gold rings with it because I didn't know what was what with the VDI numbers so I was digging all solid signals at first.

I will say I enjoyed the nox. It's my first minelab and it ran super quiet and is nicely balanced. Was running factory preset park 2, but I did do a ground balance instead of the preset GB.

Tooooaaaadd! Outstanding heavy!

Looking forward to hearing more from you about what you think of this rig...since you also swing the F70 as I do...I have some wonderings as the NOX would be my first Minelab as well...I sure would like to try one out on the 'hop coil' treatment..! Maybe I'll have to drive on down!

Tooooaaaadd! Outstanding heavy!

Looking forward to hearing more from you about what you think of this rig...since you also swing the F70 as I do...I have some wonderings as the NOX would be my first Minelab as well...I sure would like to try one out on the 'hop coil' treatment..! Maybe I'll have to drive on down!

Wow your Toad, your post conjured up an evening Mud Puppy response! A rarity indeed!

Back
Top Bottom