Goodbye to an old friend

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
My avatar, "Mozart", who has been by my side for the past 9 1/2 years, will be at eternal rest in a few hours. He came to us as a rescue from Georgia when he was 3 years old. He was heartworm positive, and a very sick boy. He turned out to be a great dog, with the best temperament you could hope for in a German Shepherd. I have owned many dogs in my lifetime, and he very well could be my last. I have always told people, every time I lose a dog, a little piece of me goes with them. I just don't know how many piece's I have left. He is just plum wore out. I will miss him very much, but we are so grateful for the time we got to spend together......

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 344
Oh Man...what a great looking Pal...so sorry Curt....A dog like that will add a lot more good pieces to your Life than you started out with.....tough to lose those pieces, doesnt make it any easier, but you woulda never had them had you not known Mozart. He gave you those pieces, He protected your Life and enhanced your Spirit..You were really blessed...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. My condolences. Glad you had so many good years with him. It doesn't make losing him any easier though. I hope you leave him as your avatar in memory.

I am very sorry to hear this sir. Right now you are just apart and one day you will be together again and he will be waiting for you.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Tough letting them go. My cats time is up it will be tough. She hung out with me at the old Plumbing shop during some hard times.Brought her home even though she was the shop cat in 2008. Still hangs by my side. Just a little slower these days. Condolences.

Attachments

• SAM_2337.jpg
    SAM_2337.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 291
I feel for you and know how you feel, I lost my beautiful Siberian in July. If you have no other dogs, get one, it helps the sorrow just having a good set of ears to scratch!

Sorry to hear about your buddy. I had to go through this last Saturday. I keep telling myself I won’t go through it again, but another part of me says I need a dog in my life. Amazing creatures.

I know the heart ache you feel. They do in deed get to be a big part of our lives. He is not leaving you. As he will be up there looking over you.

I know what you are going thru, and my heart aches for you and your buddy...Nothing any of us can say to make you feel better, other than knowing this community is with you....:(

I'm so very sorry for your loss Curt, it is definitely a very tough thing to go thru to lose such a faithful pal like Mozart, we can very much understand how it feels having lost our previous dog years ago to sudden illness after 15 very healthy years, I cried like a baby for a while after that.

We had to get another dog within a month after that because even though we still really missed "Angel", our home seemed way too empty without hearing the sound of paws around the house.

My condolences to you , Mozart , and all of those impacted by these hard times. I lost my dog years ago, and still miss her today, and those pieces they take with them is the reason I haven’t gotten another one. I want one but just haven’t given in to it yet, not sure if I will, or can.

Sorry to hear the bad news about Mozart Curt. Losing a dog is just like losing family. I too have been a dog lover but, losing the last one was so traumatic that we haven't had another dog since. :(

I'm so sorry Curt, I have lost some of my best buddies ( I've always been partial to beagles) and I know the hurt. You will be in my prayers!

Hate to hear.
Some good memories though, that's what counts.

My jack Russell is fixing to turn 15 in a month. She's been a good one. Her days are numbered. I bought her for $150. Best money I have ever spent in my whole life.

It'll be tough when she goes.
I have never mistreated her.
And Curt, I bet you can say the same about your friend.

A nice pic btw, of your prize friend.

Sorry for your loss. There is just such a special bond between a dog and a person it’s hard to explain. I have had my English cocker for 9 plus years and she is my best buddy and hunting partner. I always tell my wife she is way smarter than a lot of people I know. I am dreading the day she is gone but just remember you have lots of great memories and will see Mozart again one day. Take care.

Condolences on your loss CTCurt. I think a lot like mud here. Some of the best pieces of me came from having great dogs. We lose pieces with the passing of every one, but keeping the good ones like unconditional love and companionship and fierce loyalty helps smooth out the rough edges on us overthinking egotistical monkeys.

Losing pieces is tough, but I know I'm more complete with a hairy slobbering dog looking up at me ready for the next adventure! Best of luck and well wishes.

Olds

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I have a Great Dane that I love and is such a good companion. She also was a rescue and had come from an abusive breeder that almost starved her to death. I know this is a hard time for you and you have my sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom