Amazing day with the Nox 800 at a spot I’ve beat to death with other machines!!! War nickel field gives up gold and silver!! Silvers #8-#13!

My thinking is that you found things that the ctx and dues may have missed because the park 2 frequencies of the EQ800 is catching targets that the others just didn't. I think that makes it different but maybe not better. I bet the ctx and dues can catch targets that the EQ800 may miss. No one detector will catch everything. 5 years from now when Minelab introduces the acme 1000, it will catch targets that the others have missed. I do know that the ctx is like a bloodhound on coins. It will sniff them out really well. I am very impressed with it. When I receive the EQ800, I will put it through the paces and go over places I have gone through with the ctx and see what I can find. I've been using the 17" coil on the ctx and like the coverage I get. My wife is using a safari now but it doesn't find coins like the ctx does. I want to upgrade her to the EQ800 so she will stop eyeballing my ctx. If she gets her hands on it, I will lose it. The ctx is rather big and hard to keep hid. If she finds it, it is game over for me. I do like the EQ800 is finding things that the ctx may have missed. Between both detectors, we will decimate the local parks and leave nothing behind for the other detectorists. lol

My thinking is that you found things that the ctx and dues may have missed because the park 2 frequencies of the EQ800 is catching targets that the others just didn't. I think that makes it different but maybe not better. I bet the ctx and dues can catch targets that the EQ800 may miss. No one detector will catch everything. 5 years from now when Minelab introduces the acme 1000, it will catch targets that the others have missed. I do know that the ctx is like a bloodhound on coins. It will sniff them out really well. I am very impressed with it. When I receive the EQ800, I will put it through the paces and go over places I have gone through with the ctx and see what I can find. I've been using the 17" coil on the ctx and like the coverage I get. My wife is using a safari now but it doesn't find coins like the ctx does. I want to upgrade her to the EQ800 so she will stop eyeballing my ctx. If she gets her hands on it, I will lose it. The ctx is rather big and hard to keep hid. If she finds it, it is game over for me. I do like the EQ800 is finding things that the ctx may have missed. Between both detectors, we will decimate the local parks and leave nothing behind for the other detectorists. lol

I know the ctx better than I know my own name. Since I’ve had it I’ve found close to or not more than 600 silver coins, over 50 gold rings and lots of silver rings. That spot I hunted Sunday I have gridded it in every way possible digging everything above foil till no signal was left. I’ve used the 17” coil on the ctx the NEL Tornado on the etrac and both the 11” and the 9” coils on the deus. When I started hunting with the nox and started magically hearing new targets I was dumbfounded!!!!! In clean non iron sites the ctx is a beast but when you hunt a spot with lots of iron nothing I’ve used holds a candle to the nox. The depth of the nox is that of the ctx if not a touch better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the ctx better than I know my own name. Since I’ve had it I’ve found close to or not more than 600 silver coins, over 50 gold rings and lots of silver rings. That spot I hunted Sunday I have gridded it in every way possible digging everything above foil till no signal was left. I’ve used the 17” coil on the ctx the NEL Tornado on the etrac and both the 11” and the 9” coils on the deus. When I started hunting with the nox and started magically hearing new targets I was dumbfounded!!!!! In clean non iron sites the ctx is a beast but when you hunt a spot with lots of iron nothing I’ve used holds a candle to the nox. The depth of the nox is that of the ctx if not a touch better imo

I have read where the ctx is a little problematic in heavy iron. I haven't been in the situation yet. I have encountered a fair amount of trash around some campsites which is always tough to work through. I have been mainly park hunting which has a lot of clean spots and the trashy spots are around pavilions. I have dug some coins mixed in with trash and the ctx did well there. It's nice to hear that the EQ does very well in trash and iron. The reason I bought the ctx because it's waterproof and I can detect the swimming holes in the local creeks and river. And because of it's discrimination abilities. I have broken both ankles and my back 18 years ago. I have a fused right ankles with 11 screws and 2 plates. 2 screws in my lefts ankle. 4 screws and titanium in by back with one less rib on my left side. If I was a beep and dig kind of guy, I wouldn't last very long before I had to stop for the day. Being able to discriminate unwanted targets more precisely helps me by not digging so much trash. The ctx has great discrimination abilities and it has made a big difference for me. The EQ800 looks to have pretty good discrimination as well. I believe it has 50 segments. I like the tone options and the ability to set the tone breaks on the EQ800 as well. The ctx is a little heavy but balances out very nicely. I can swing it for hours without any problems. How does the EQ800 feel and balance? Is it easy on the elbow?

I have read where the ctx is a little problematic in heavy iron. I haven't been in the situation yet. I have encountered a fair amount of trash around some campsites which is always tough to work through. I have been mainly park hunting which has a lot of clean spots and the trashy spots are around pavilions. I have dug some coins mixed in with trash and the ctx did well there. It's nice to hear that the EQ does very well in trash and iron. The reason I bought the ctx because it's waterproof and I can detect the swimming holes in the local creeks and river. And because of it's discrimination abilities. I have broken both ankles and my back 18 years ago. I have a fused right ankles with 11 screws and 2 plates. 2 screws in my lefts ankle. 4 screws and titanium in by back with one less rib on my left side. If I was a beep and dig kind of guy, I wouldn't last very long before I had to stop for the day. Being able to discriminate unwanted targets more precisely helps me by not digging so much trash. The ctx has great discrimination abilities and it has made a big difference for me. The EQ800 looks to have pretty good discrimination as well. I believe it has 50 segments. I like the tone options and the ability to set the tone breaks on the EQ800 as well. The ctx is a little heavy but balances out very nicely. I can swing it for hours without any problems. How does the EQ800 feel and balance? Is it easy on the elbow?

Swinging the nox is delight!!!

Good points.....

When I think of all the hours and days I spent playing on that field as a kid and, yes, the one time I detected it with my buddy up the street using his old Radio Shack machine your posts really make me miss that area.
So glad you are having so much success there. Great finds!

Sounds like there is no use even getting my machines out this spring. Just Gonna have to order the 800. As deep as the snow is, it should be here by the time all snow is melted !!

Congrats on all the finds !!!!

Sounds like there is no use even getting my machines out this spring. Just Gonna have to order the 800. As deep as the snow is, it should be here by the time all snow is melted !!

Congrats on all the finds !!!!

You need to get one!! And thx!

Congrats...on all the great finds. After reading all the NOX threads for the past weeks...I could not take it anymore, just ordered one yesterday for myself.

Nice!! Your going to love it!
When I think of all the hours and days I spent playing on that field as a kid and, yes, the one time I detected it with my buddy up the street using his old Radio Shack machine your posts really make me miss that area.

So glad you are having so much success there. Great finds!

It’s been a great field to hunt!!! Pm about that camp site you were telling me about again!

And here I was ready to pull the trigger on an Etrac. Now I am on a waiting list for the 800. Your post is the first one on the nox that has inspired me.

Congrats on all those great finds, especially that ring... yeeow !!!!

And here I was ready to pull the trigger on an Etrac. Now I am on a waiting list for the 800. Your post is the first one on the nox that has inspired me.

Congrats on all those great finds, especially that ring... yeeow !!!!

You will not regret your decision!! The nox is one bad detector and almost half the cost of a etrac you can’t lose! I appreciate it Happa54

How many hours you getting with the NOX on a charge? Just curious about the battery life. And, how about the battery life on your ctx and it's wireless receiver? I've used my ctx on several 5-7 hour hunts but always throw it on the charger after each use.

I found another ring yesterday in a football practice field. It is in rough shape and looks to be gold plated. Not worth anything but nice to be finding some bling. I believe it gave me a nickel signal.

How many hours you getting with the NOX on a charge? Just curious about the battery life. And, how about the battery life on your ctx and it's wireless receiver? I've used my ctx on several 5-7 hour hunts but always throw it on the charger after each use.

I found another ring yesterday in a football practice field. It is in rough shape and looks to be gold plated. Not worth anything but nice to be finding some bling. I believe it gave me a nickel signal.

I haven’t used the nox on a long hunt, the longest outing was this hunt was 7 hours and it only went down one bar. The ctx I get roughly two to three outings with or 20 hours or so

Back
Top Bottom