Got A Hard To Find 2 Center

What an amazing find !!! Congrats on the 2 Center. I would say that it is on my bucket list but more like my impossible find list unless I move or find one on vacation somewhere. Not happening round these parts. I have never even seen one in person.

Sometimes coins are 'protected' by being under a structure - most old nickels in my area come out of the ground toasted - even Jeffersons that have only been in the ground 20 years. But I found a shield nickel in great shape, looked like a recent drop - wasn't even deep, but I was searching where an old shed had been. Must have been there a long time. Whatever it was, something protected that coin, and yours!

I never thought of that. May have been something there back before the site became a park.

I'm sure there were a couple of houses on the lot at one time. Could have been covered.

G2M

Thanks for the comments! I can't believe the condition this coin is in. I think it must have been dropped in the 1900s as clean as it is.

G2M

I'm not sure what is about 2 cent pieces, but they usually look excellent compared to large coppers. Out of all the ones I've found, which is about a dozen or so, only one or two were toasted. Congrats! One of my favorite coins to dig!

I'm not sure what is about 2 cent pieces, but they usually look excellent compared to large coppers. Out of all the ones I've found, which is about a dozen or so, only one or two were toasted. Congrats! One of my favorite coins to dig!

Are they a different composition than shield nickels? I have found 6 shield nickels and they are all toast. :(

Back
Top Bottom