• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Larger sovereign coil

YAKE

I plan to get a SEF 15 x 12 for my GT. I've been using the stock 10" since I started So. Cal beach detecting this year. What do you think?
Thanks
Jerry

Hi Jerry, for beach hunting the larger coils will definitely cover more ground. I have read where the 15" WOT by Coiltek will go deep but since I have never beach hunted at all I can't be sure myself. But the Sov. is a good one and is very popular. I do like Coiltek and I recommend them. Good hunting Jerry.

John T.
John's Detectors

Sorry, can't help ya with the coil question, but sure would love to see what you are digging up down south there!:yes:

the SEF 15x12 is deeper than the Wot 15, i used the Wot on my sov till i got the SEF, never looked back, when i bought the Explorer i got one the same day, i now use it on the etrac, and also have a 10x12 which is slightly hevier han the pro coil but also deeper

Does anyone use a bigger coil on the Sov for dirt hunting? I'd like to know what a Wot 15 or SEF 15x12 would be like in a schoolyard after I've cleaned it out with the stock 10" coil.

Back
Top Bottom