Fisher F19 ??

AZWIP

Elite Member
Hmmm, I don’t get it, lol…. Not that that is a first… but… I don’t get why I don’t hear more about the F19??

I have had mine for several months now and really enjoy it. Maybe I got the one in a thousand great machine in the F19 group? Lol, or, maybe I just don’t know enough to know better, etc …

I know I <heart> my Tesoro’s, especially the B2 MicroMax and the Vaq… have had the Cortes, Fisher F70, and couple others and still have a number that I won’t part with, lol (incl. the Silver and the Compadre)…

but… the F19 has been added to my top 3… I’m impressed with the one I have…. Its outright fun! It has found me it’s share of the goodies as well…. Including gold and silver of course… as I mainly hunt for gold jewelry in parks and the such… that’s what I enjoy….

So, back to the F19… why not much about this unit?

Mine has decent depth, fantastic ID, and I really like the backlight in red (am a night hunter mostly), love the settings etc etc… but again, back to the ID….

For me anyways, its one of the things I enjoy the most with this machine compared to other ID machines… again, I know, as a jewelry hunter… I don’t trust IDs and will pretty much dig it all anyways, probably why I am a Tesoro fanatic, lol….

But, its still fun to use a machine that ID’s pretty much on the money when I use, it pretty much “bulldogs” the item when it’s a solid round ring size item, lol… very very stable ID compared to other machines I have used…. And, seems to hold that stable ID even at depth which is kind of cool.

So, for me its fun, even though I dig it all, to see what the machine “thinks” is under the coil before I dig and this machine seems pretty darn solid… in the few months I have had it it has found its share of coins and jewelry to impress me pretty darn well.

And like I said, solid readings in ID usually end up being nice and round etc… I could write for another hour about the ID and the numbers I get etc,… but have probably written too much of a book already.

All that to say…. How come I don’t hear much about this machine, for me anyways, mine rocks and has earned its spot in my top 3 that I enjoy using… right there with my favorite Tesoros… surprising me quite a bit, lol.

Its just plain fun and accurate.

Anyhow, Happy Hunting to all… opinions will vary I’m sure and that’s fine…. Everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes… but I really like this machine.

Happy Hunting!

Ron

I've not used the F19, but I can venture a guess... there are others in the same price range of the F19 that offer a bit more to the general detectorist and that have much easier to understand target ID screens.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in the F19/G2+ platform. As a relic hunter, the thing that interests me the most is the high freq for low conducters like brass buttons, which are my favorite relics. These machines should be killer on buttons. Sure, there are other machines that offer more bells and whistles, and are more powerful, I won't say deeper, but more powerful. But for my hunting style, and yours, these machines seem to be on the money.

I also hear these machines do a very good job sifting through iron and trashy sites to get down to the good stuff. Again, sites just like you and I like to hunt.

We probably don't hear much on these because there are more folks that would prefer to drop the $700-$800 on other machines. I do know that the few relic hunters I know that use the F19 or G2 love them.

I've had my eye on one for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm not sure I would use it more than my F75-LTD2. But then again, I might like it more. I'd like to hear more about it also.

Thanks

Howdy folks, hmmmm, interesting take on it Nectar..... hadn't really though about that... "I" think.... the id on that machine is a piece of cake... so definitely interesting to hear another perspective... I mean, everytime that hits an 82, its a dime, a 58, nickel, etc, etc...

Wolf, sent you a pm, if you ever want to connect via phone... I'm open, can discuss what I know etc... have never used the 75, did spend some decent time with the 70 etc... and the 70 is one powerful machine and I liked it alot... but for me... there are just a number of things that I liked even better on the 19... but thats just me... but again, can't pick on the 70, it found me some nice things and was a blast to use...

Anyways, again, feel free to drop me a line and I'll be happy to explain more etc... sorry for the short reply folks, been crazy... back to work.... just didn't want anyone thinking I was not reading replies... and again... not much happening, lol, so quiet on the F19... I really like that machine, lol!

Ron

I'm also interested in the F19/G2+ platform. As a relic hunter, the thing that interests me the most is the high freq for low conducters like brass buttons, which are my favorite relics. These machines should be killer on buttons. Sure, there are other machines that offer more bells and whistles, and are more powerful, I won't say deeper, but more powerful. But for my hunting style, and yours, these machines seem to be on the money.

I also hear these machines do a very good job sifting through iron and trashy sites to get down to the good stuff. Again, sites just like you and I like to hunt.

We probably don't hear much on these because there are more folks that would prefer to drop the $700-$800 on other machines. I do know that the few relic hunters I know that use the F19 or G2 love them.

I've had my eye on one for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm not sure I would use it more than my F75-LTD2. But then again, I might like it more. I'd like to hear more about it also.

I hunt the CW relics as well and had an AT Gold. That 19 khz. does seem to really hit on the buttons, scabbard tips, brass anything! There is substance to that thought!

Back
Top Bottom