Finds from a week of relic hunting

sekypaleo

Here are my Civil War relic finds from the last week. Used my G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, Fisher F19 with stock elliptical coil. Some firsts for`me include two rare .58 caliber Sharps (big shout out to my buddy Digger70Pa for whom I would never have found one of those, not to mention two). Finished up the week back down in east Tenn. where I got my first .38 cal Hayes pistol bullet while hunting in a briar patch (yes, paid the price there). Got some finds at incredible depth with the G2/Ultimate coil combo (its killer for relics!)...got a handful of bullets in bad soil (4 bars on FE meter) at 9-10", and got my deepest bullet EVER (an Enfield) in good soil in a pasture in south east Ky at a measured 14" !!!! Almost gave up and filled the hole in twice...glad I didn't,was truly shocked to see that bullet come out that deep. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 2015 mar1.jpg
    2015 mar1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 2015 mar2.jpg
    2015 mar2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 2015 mar3.jpg
    2015 mar3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 2015 mar4.jpg
    2015 mar4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 433
Nice finds! I can't wait to head down home and try to find me a three ringer or two. Looks like a great time!

Nice! Those .58 Sharps are sick! Nice job on the Hayes. Got one myself a few weeks back.

Wow!

Somebody's been tearing it up!
Way to go, Bill.
Love looking at all that CW stuff. Great bullets and the token is very nice, too!
Congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom