Western Ghost Town Bullets

abwyo

Managed to get out this weekend to an old Ghost Town here in Wyoming that I've been researching earlier this week. The town was active from roughly 1868-1902 and slowly deteriorated after that. The town had a reputation for being subject to Indian attacks during it's existence. Unfortunatley most of the old town was locked off as private property but I managed to pull two bullets on the public section. Both have 2 rings and neither of the rings have grooves inside the rings. I'm no expert on lead so if someone is and has any knowledge to share please feel free! Either way, I was excited to pull them today!

Attachments

• Bullets.jpg
    Bullets.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Managed to get out this weekend to an old Ghost Town here in Wyoming that I've been researching earlier this week. The town was active from roughly 1868-1902 and slowly deteriorated after that. The town had a reputation for being subject to Indian attacks during it's existence. Unfortunatley most of the old town was locked off as private property but I managed to pull two bullets on the public section. Both have 2 rings and neither of the rings have grooves inside the rings. I'm no expert on lead so if someone is and has any knowledge to share please feel free! Either way, I was excited to pull them today!
The longer bullet on right looks like it could be a .45-70 from end of 19th/turn of 20th century. I've found those in the east where US trained for Spanish-American war.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The longer bullet on right looks like it could be a .45-70 from end of 19th/turn of 20th century. I've found those in the east where US trained for Spanish-American war.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I agree with you. It looks to have a third ring. The one on the left looks to also have three rings and a concave base. That would likely make it a .577 three ringer like those from the civil war.

Back
Top Bottom