AT Pro performance

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
What has your Pro found that really surprised you.

While running the 8x11 coil, I dug half of a thumbtack at about 8 inches last week. I was getting a 53 on the VDI and the depth said it was at 10 inches too.

Oh lord, I find bird shot at those depths sometimes. I have yet to find anything smaller than I do with my ATP. It's ridiculous sometimes.

Was out on a dry sand beach one day...got a lot of little signals in one area...

It was a silver beaded bracelet that had broken and all those tiny beads were scattered about...like TINY! Pin head size! I had to carefully scoop handfuls of sand and wave it over the coil to find them..That was a real eye opener...

I run my Pro 3 clicks down from full power with a 40 disc in Pro mode and am amazed at some of the depths a guy gets...gonna go deploy it today in a few minutes..

I have found the smallest piece of metal with the AT Pro. This thing was very hard to find but had a clean sound that I don't pass up in tot lots.

smallest.jpg

With the 5x8DD coil I've found the aluminum cleat from a soccer players shoe in the center of a otherwise totally clean complex of three adjoined soccer fields.
I have also found a tiny 9.25 "pain and passion" mask buried about 6" deep in the margin strip of a main city street.
Not a small find but I have found $1.95 in coins varying from a cent to a dime buried in a column ranging from a few inches to nearly 11 inches in the turf of a city park.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand Held

The separation of the 5x8 is what amazes me. I haven't taken the thing off the atp since I put it on. I'll never forget the first time I dug a dime right up against a bunch of nails. No way would I have gotten it with the stock coil.

Dig on fellow atp users! :yes:

On numerous occasions I've dug staples out of the sand from several inches down.
When I first got my At, I had iron notched out to 40, got a crackling signal with a sweet high tone in the middle and about 9 inches deep was a Victorian era padlock!! The lock was iron, but that high tone was the brass flap thingy that covered the keyhole. That find really impressed me with the At's capabilities! :)

Pete

At Pro performance

I have a 1/2 inch diameter military cuff button that is iron backed. My Tesoro Cibola rejects this target at all but the minimum disc setting and I think we all would agree that Tesoro has one of the best disc circuits in the industry. However my AT Pro hits this small button with the mid range tone and a 42 readout with the iron disc set at 30 custom mode. So now I have a new all weather relic hunting partner.

4 seasons in the water mine is still teaching me tricks.
If I can pick up a hint of mid or high tone mixed with iron way down deep I scoop it and have found some of my biggest and oldest coins and Gold rings that way. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom