Sensitivity on the ctx 3030

Jofaith

Can someone help me out, to learn how to use the sensitivity on the ctx cause when I leave it on auto the sensitivity goes down to like 8, And if I'm not mistaken you lose depths... when it went that low I test it out with a coin, I dug a 4 inche hole put the coin in the machine was not reading it at all

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is horrible ground and will certainly hurt your depth when the machine goes that low. Ground balance maybe? Don't know if that will help or not. I never gb mine, just run it at auto +3. Run with deep on if nothing else. I would also run no disc and use ground coin separation.

To start with if you have a CTX---you have one bad azz silver/copper monster.

Lower auto sens is usually indicative of harsher ground--higher mineral.

Does your detector run this lower auto sens in adjacent grounds to the one you mentioned???

If so you likely have some pretty high mineral ground,

What to do.

Before I forget,,make sure your machine ground balance doesn't have manual GB engaged. As a matter a fact I and many folks have not found a useful reason to ever run manual GB. Actually running manual GB will many times cost you valuable DEPTH.

Back to sensitivity. You really need to run manual to get the most out of the CTX-even on milder ground.

So if you are gettting a low reading of 8 in auto, go to manual and try say 20 manual. Sweep your machine. Is it stable or somewhat.

To get the most out of the CTX depth wise you need to run it hot---As hot as you can and tolerate the falsing you will sometimes hear. With more experience with the detector--you will find you will be able to tolerate more noise and hear the good targets.

Also if you will refer to your manual. Per the manual and IMO you need to go to the Ground Coin process vs Ferrous Coin process. Ground coin is actually for higher mineralized soil and my experiences are it's deeper. But using it you will notice a more fluctuating ferrouw number when over deeper coins vs ferrous coin process.

To start with if you have a CTX---you have one bad azz silver/copper monster.

Lower auto sens is usually indicative of harsher ground--higher mineral.

Does your detector run this lower auto sens in adjacent grounds to the one you mentioned???

If so you likely have some pretty high mineral ground,

What to do.

Before I forget,,make sure your machine ground balance doesn't have manual GB engaged. As a matter a fact I and many folks have not found a useful reason to ever run manual GB. Actually running manual GB will many times cost you valuable DEPTH.

Back to sensitivity. You really need to run manual to get the most out of the CTX-even on milder ground.

So if you are gettting a low reading of 8 in auto, go to manual and try say 20 manual. Sweep your machine. Is it stable or somewhat.

To get the most out of the CTX depth wise you need to run it hot---As hot as you can and tolerate the falsing you will sometimes hear. With more experience with the detector--you will find you will be able to tolerate more noise and hear the good targets.

Also if you will refer to your manual. Per the manual and IMO you need to go to the Ground Coin process vs Ferrous Coin process. Ground coin is actually for higher mineralized soil and my experiences are it's deeper. But using it you will notice a more fluctuating ferrouw number when over deeper coins vs ferrous coin process.
So what u saying is on check the gb,,, what happens when is check does the machine gb on is own cause I just on check it..... But wen I went to a different site the sensitivity was on the 20s... I love the machine is my 4 hunt with it but I get confused with the sensivity part

I change mine at just about every site to get max depth without too much chatter. Start er up in manual, noise cancel, then start cranking up the sens until you start to get too much chatter and back it down one or two numbers until its acceptable. Mine's usually good around 24 or 25.

I change mine at just about every site to get max depth without too much chatter. Start er up in manual, noise cancel, then start cranking up the sens until you start to get too much chatter and back it down one or two numbers until its acceptable. Mine's usually good around 24 or 25.
Yea, I think I'm going to use the manual better in some site... I try to go manual in the site that my auto was going low it was little noisy but I hard when the ctx go crazy to use ground coin mode not ferrous

Yeah, that is horrible ground and will certainly hurt your depth when the machine goes that low. Ground balance maybe? Don't know if that will help or not. I never gb mine, just run it at auto +3. Run with deep on if nothing else. I would also run no disc and use ground coin separation.
Yea next to I'll use it in[emoji106] ground coin mode thanks

So what u saying is on check the gb,,, what happens when is check does the machine gb on is own cause I just on check it..... But wen I went to a different site the sensitivity was on the 20s... I love the machine is my 4 hunt with it but I get confused with the sensivity part

You want to machine to balance itself. You'll see a box to check to enable pumping (manual GB). DON"T check it.

Minelabs have a very good self balancing GB---could be the best in the business.

Yes I on check it thanks men for the help it sounds like really know what u are doing thanks against brother really appreciated... I'm following u on here,,, see u around amigo blessings

Back
Top Bottom