Minelab parts are hard to find so far..

yrekadude

Elite Member
Hello,

Just this past weekend I bought a pretty worn Minelab Explorer II metal detector and there are a few things I'd like to fix right away but darnit it sure is hard to find parts for this metal detector. Even the Minelab website doesn't have much for it.

• Hand Grip Pad (nasty dirty)
  • Control screen decal (Scratched up a lot)
  • Upper Rod (so I can go without X-1 Pinpointer)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these things? I'm only in a hurry for the hand grip.. :)

Here are some pictures.. will add more also..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was talking about the thin plastic piece that has the clear spot for the LCD to show through and has all the button info printed on it. My experience (from White's detectors) is that this piece is a plastic decal or sticker of sorts that can be carefully removed and replaced when damaged. This one is functional but pretty scratched up.

Thanks

I was talking about the thin plastic piece that has the clear spot for the LCD to show through and has all the button info printed on it. My experience (from White's detectors) is that this piece is a plastic decal or sticker of sorts that can be carefully removed and replaced when damaged. This one is functional but pretty scratched up.

Thanks

The screen will be a problem. You really need to replace the whole panel, they don't offer the plastic film alone.

For the grip, most use a tennis racket grip, these work pretty well.

The upper shaft for the II, SE, Etrac, Quatro are all the same in shape color may be different.

Thanks for the ideas where to get these things. greatly appreciated. I can imagine that replacing the screen cover of the detector could be costly. I'll include close-up pictures of the neglect this detector has experienced later tonight if I can.

I still can't complain for $350 considering the extra coil and pinpointer plus new conrad headphones, instructional DVD, box etc.

Hand grip: use a bike handle grip or tennis racquet grip as someone else suggested. Or McGyver it by shaving down a piece of pool noodle and slipping that on.

Already one thing I miss about White's Electronics is that you can practically order any part you need to spruce up your detector, even really old ones.. or send it in and get it refurbished for very little $$.. I've heard things were different with Minelab and I see it now. I called them and they suggested that I get a "Service Kit" for my detector... Holy sweet Jeebus... a small pack of nylon nuts and bolts goes for $49.00 I puckered up a bit when I saw that and still I don't see most of what I want..

Tonym,

Yeah, the probe works fine, I tested it out. The switch seems like it's in good condition and not loose or noisy. It looks a little warn like the rest of the detector but it all works great.

I hope the nice old lady that sold it to me is OK.. it's been two days now and her Criagslist ad is still up and she is not returning my emails or texts (we chatted before just fine). She's 73 and decided to go with a Minelab 705 at the beach instead because the Explorer was getting too heavy.

Tonym,

Yeah, the probe works fine, I tested it out. The switch seems like it's in good condition and not loose or noisy. It looks a little warn like the rest of the detector but it all works great.

I hope the nice old lady that sold it to me is OK.. it's been two days now and her Criagslist ad is still up and she is not returning my emails or texts (we chatted before just fine). She's 73 and decided to go with a Minelab 705 at the beach instead because the Explorer was getting too heavy.

That probe alone sells for $200+ on ebay. They don't make it anymore.

P.S. - she is at bingo with the money she got from you :)

Hello,

Just this past weekend I bought a pretty worn Minelab Explorer II metal detector and there are a few things I'd like to fix right away but darnit it sure is hard to find parts for this metal detector. Even the Minelab website doesn't have much for it.

• Hand Grip Pad (nasty dirty)
  • Control screen decal (Scratched up a lot)
  • Upper Rod (so I can go without X-1 Pinpointer)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these things? I'm only in a hurry for the hand grip.. :)

Here are some pictures.. will add more also..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks!

Might be cheaper to buy a new E-trac with the price of minelab parts and accessories.

Hand grip: wrap in 3M Super 33, or 88 (easy cleaning, last forever)

Upper shaft: What is under the zip tied platform that has the clips mounted to it ? Can you just cut the ties and remove it ?

Screen: Leave as is.

Back
Top Bottom