Do you hunt Civil War Sites? I have a question...

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
Where do you research to find CW camps? I am in Delaware where there was hardly any CW activity but I border states where there has been. Everything I try online seems to come up blank. Just wondering what sites or sources you use to find these sites. Thanks in advance...

There is a lot of ways. I like reading the official records of the civil war. Lots of info there.

Try your local library and historical society. Try and get maps and information on any troop activity. There for sure had to be some basic training camps in your community. Maps are critical, but if you don't know the troop movements on the roads the map depicts, then it can be more of a guessing game. I like to try and find maps from around the turn of the century up to the early forties as the road beds will quite often be where the old civil war roads were. And it helps you find the roads on the civil war maps on todays maps.

hey sean im working on permission for a spot now ill let you know if I get on your more then welcome to join me.

Back
Top Bottom