For the "Whites" users

don716

I've never owned a whites detector but often wondered the differences between some of them.Is there alot of difference between the MXT,XLT,DFX and the other type like these. If I were going to buy one of these types and knew nothing about them, which one would you recommend and why? I know alot of people here use whites so maybe I will get some good responses.

Check out the MD seller sites, like Kellyco, New England Detectors, Colonial Detectors, etc. Also, many MD companies like White's will mail you free catalogs, just ask for them on their website. The White's catalog does a good job explaining the difference between models. I just bought a MXT yesterday, for me it's like having three different detectors in one (relic hunting, coin shooting, and gold prospecting).

Dusty

MXT was designed from a GOLD machine and has a lot of power in the box... very sensitive. It also has the best Whites tracking system. The Xlt was the model before the duel freq DFX came out. The DFX has the edge on the beach because of the duel freq.... other than that its the nut behind the wheel that will make the difference. The MXT is more of a relic or gold machine. The XLT is a good park machine as is the DFX and are more sensitive to tiny gold than most detectors... well except for the MXT. You can adjust the DFX because of the duel freq a little more by hunting in 15 or 3 Khz for soil or EMI issues. The M6 is just an MXT without the power and works well in parks. Other than that you might down load the manuals off whites web site then ask specific questions.

Dew

http://whiteselectronics.com/products/metal-detectors.html#eseries

Just go to the White's site there is all kinds of info there for you like what the machines can do, etc. also you can download the manuals to see the operation of each machine. You can also go to youtube or google videos and type in the product name and sometimes there are actual videos of people using the machines. Good Luck, hope you find the info your looking for...

The reason I ask is I am a true Garrett fan but I noticed alot of you use whites and I was just curious of why so many whites users out there. I'm not knocking whites at all but I thought I might be missing something. So you never know I might look into these and consider one sometime. I do have a whites dealer near me and I've thought of stopping in and compare them to my Garrett.

I really had not considered owning one until I moved here to Colorado. I've got gold bearing mountains all around me, so I did the reseearch and got a MXT (and a Minelab 705 Gold Pack and a Fisher Gold Bug SE). I've got gold fever needless to say!!

Dusty

MXT because it's very user friendly and you'll not only be finding good stuff in no time...you'll be learning about all the different settings much faster and easier. It's a blast to use.

In short you'll have fun right out of the box.

Not DFX because it's all but obsolete now and the menu is a pain. XLT..I have no idea, never owned one.

Back
Top Bottom