"AT Pro Users!"

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
My main machine which has stood me in good stead for the last 7 years is feeling decidedly sick at the present time and needs to go to "the detector hospital!" As a relatively cheap standby option I am looking at purchasing an AT Pro. A few questions prior to purchase I would if possible like answering?
1. What is the maximum detecting depth? The ads. suggest 25+ cm. Is that true?
2. I prefer not to use headphones. Does the AT have an audible sound system without the headphones?
Thanks in advance of any responses!:detector::dingding:

It does have a speaker and can be used without the head phones. As for depth, it depends on the mineralization in the ground. I have found coins at over 8 inches in the right conditions.

Cliff

The speaker is very good on the AT Pro I only use headphones when I don't want others to hear me like in a busy park, in the water when the machine is fully submerged and when it's really windy.

As for depth 10+ inches is common and in the water well over that isn't uncommon.

I have found the Pro really suffers or gains from the conductivity of the ground.

In good moist soil I have hit and properly identified coins that were way deeper than the blade on my lesche digger tool.

Folks who use the AT Pro will agree with me, and the AT Pro haters will dis agree. Your results will vary of course. :D

Your questions having been already answered, I will simply add that in my opinion the AT Pro is a very good metal detector and good value for the price. One thing I really love about it is that I don't have to run for cover when a rain shower pops up. As for depth, my machine has surprised me many times at the depth of targets especially when the ground is really moist. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

With the baffles open wide the at pro will get 10" easily, ive got lead and copper at 14", the sounds fine too, I prefer the headphones, if you find them too sweat inducing then you can get the headphones attachment and have some mp3 headphones, id like to see the next version with wireless headphones and a better built in stand to stop it falling over and a slightly longer handle to cuff for the longer forarmed of us

Dark Chameleon, Mr. Charles Garrett the gaffer at Garrets is always pleased to have alteration suggestions. I used to have a Grandmaster Hunter on which you plugged the headphones in the side, rather than the back. I had snapped a couple of headphone jacks. He was pleased with the suggestion of transferring the jack socket. He sent me a signed copy of his detecting book as a token thank you.

I really like my AT Pro as well. I can tell you, last night my head phones stoped working, but that is because I kept on pulling and pulling that coil from the headphones. I hate being attached to the machine. I am going wireless sooner hopefully than later.

Also, another feature I wish AT Pro had is a light to see your screen at night. If you night hunt, you might want to consder buying a finger light, blue is my favorite for this. Just strap a rubber band around your wrist and attach the little light and off you go.

The machine is coin monster, and very accurate. When it rains you don't worry because it is water proof.

You also have great customer service from Garrett should anything go wrong.

Hope that helps you.

At Pro

I dont know how deep my pro goes but the speaker is too qiuet in my opinion,I use the headphones only. I have found coins pretty deep I think at the beach. It is a very nice detector:yes:

Back
Top Bottom