An hour of pull tab hunting

Detectingman

Went out this morning. Hit up a school which produced not much in the past.
Had only an hour to dedicate to hunting today. After 50 minutes of finding mostly pulltabs and pennies in the yard I decided to try around the parking lot.

Parking lots are usually trashy and this one was no exception. After a half hour of digging 25 pulltabs and aluminum I told myself it was way past an hour and I had to go but I went into "just a couple more good signals" mode. Yes I need to join Detectors Anonymous. I have a detecting problem :laughing:

Then a solid 60 pops up on the Delta. 3 inches down in the plug I see that gold shimmer. I thought for sure it was my first class ring. Start fantasizing about the return before I even got it out of the ground. Out pops this nice 14k ladies black onyx ring, fairly heavy. Don't smack me but was hoping it was a class ring. I will return again to find that class ring its there somewhere.

Attachments

• finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 277
Great find! That's a beauty! You don't find things like that if you don't dig pull tab to zinc signals. Great when a strategy pays off. Keep it up.

That's one heck of a ring there! Hang in there, that class ring is out there somewhere. You'll just have to console yourself with that piece of junk 14K gold. :laughing:

Very nice! I'm on a 9-year goldless streak. I've hunted pulltabs dozens of times over the years, mostly on the turf of county park lakes. Still waiting for my first.

Thats a nice one! Those parking lot edges up here where the snow gets pushed like you said, are just full of trash, but also anything of value that got lost in the Winter gets its resting place there...
I hunt them in the Spring when the snow piles are melting...find all sorts of good stuff, even paper bills...Great find and write up! That should help somebody else here!

Nice, been ages since found gold. hh

You will find it soon!

Nice ring! :grin:

Thank you!

Nice score! Congrats! Class ring not far off, few more tabs (or zinc cents) away.

Hoping so!

Congratulations on the ring. .:dingding:

Thank you!

Congrats on the ring!

Thank you!

Oh, next time don't go pull tab hunting, go coin hunting :p:yes:

I dig both of em alot!

Every time dig a pull tab signal. ............it's a pull tab !

Until you find a gold tab!

Class ring!!!:snapoutofit: Nice goldie.:yes:

Thank you!

Great find! That's a beauty! You don't find things like that if you don't dig pull tab to zinc signals. Great when a strategy pays off. Keep it up.

Yup gotta dig them tabs. This one hit a solid signal. Wasn't bouncy like a normal pulltab signal.

Nice Ringđź‘€!

Thank you!

That's one heck of a ring there! Hang in there, that class ring is out there somewhere. You'll just have to console yourself with that piece of junk 14K gold. :laughing:

Haha, yeah. Well it is a nice ring for sure no complaints here!

Very nice! I'm on a 9-year goldless streak. I've hunted pulltabs dozens of times over the years, mostly on the turf of county park lakes. Still waiting for my first.

You will get gold soon enough. I did my fair share of tabs to get gold.

Thats a nice one! Those parking lot edges up here where the snow gets pushed like you said, are just full of trash, but also anything of value that got lost in the Winter gets its resting place there...
I hunt them in the Spring when the snow piles are melting...find all sorts of good stuff, even paper bills...Great find and write up! That should help somebody else here!

Very true. Perhaps their fingers shrink from the cold and the ring slips off. Who knows. Now that I think about it the large majority of gold I find is just outside of parking lots in the grass.

Well I'll be down for a couple weeks now because the Delta 4000s pinpointer has decided to overload, so will be sending in for repairs. May just use it till the snow starts flying then send it in.

... I told myself it was way past an hour and I had to go but I went into "just a couple more good signals" mode. Yes I need to join Detectors Anonymous. I have a detecting problem :laughing:

Yep, I go into "just ONE more good signal/hole to dig" mode a lot and it ends up being 2-5 holes later by the time I stop...but I have found good things :laughing:

Nice ring

Back
Top Bottom