Bluetooth

Buckwheat

Has anyone tried Bluetooth wireless on their detector ? I'm trying it now with good results. I bought parts from eBay. Total spent 32 dollars.
No noticeable lag. Had my best day ever using it.
Parts are :TaoTronics headphone p/n TT-BH10
Transmitter TaoTronics Transmitter p/n TT-BAO1
These parts are available on EBay.

Has anyone tried Bluetooth wireless on their detector ? I'm trying it now with good results. I bought parts from eBay. Total spent 32 dollars.
No noticeable lag. Had my best day ever using it.
Parts are :TaoTronics headphone p/n TT-BH10
Transmitter TaoTronics Transmitter p/n TT-BAO1
These parts are available on EBay.

I've been using about the same setup myself. Love no wires but I'm still looking for a way to keep the transmitter clean and dry.

That's a very appealing idea! :yes:

The number of times I've yanked my headphones off by accident....:mad:

I have same set up with Tao-Tronics Transmitter and I use a few different in ear Bluetooth earbuds.
Had to get the Garrett adapter and another 3.5 adapter to fit the transmitter.
Got all from other sellers on Amazon so didn't pay over $50 for all.
Nice to be wireless!

Links to all..

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...21418&sr=1-1&keywords=Tao-Tronics+Transmitter

https://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Meta...id=1505321049&sr=8-1&keywords=garrett+adapter

https://www.amazon.com/6-35mm-Stere...5321264&sr=1-44&keywords=1/4++to+3.5++adapter

Set mine up with stuff from Amazon. No name stuff but works great. Used advice I read here and got aptx codex transmitter and sport earbuds. No noticeable lag and spent under 25 bucks.

Why does Garrett tout how fast their MS-2 wireless set-up is over BT (5x faster off the top of my head) if it doesn't matter or is imperceptible? Not trying to be argumentative because I LOVE the BT idea and was considering it for my ACE400 before I ordered my MAX. I am genuinely curious.

Why does Garrett tout how fast their MS-2 wireless set-up is over BT (5x faster off the top of my head) if it doesn't matter or is imperceptible? Not trying to be argumentative because I LOVE the BT idea and was considering it for my ACE400 before I ordered my MAX. I am genuinely curious.

It's called marketing.

It's called marketing.

Gee thanks. I am well aware of that.

To someone who wants to take a stab at my question, I am talking about the engineering/technology behind the "differences" and if the differences really matter to the average detectorist. Their claim is that BT is slow enough to miss targets.

All BT has some lag but under 30 milliseconds is not perceptible. The aptx standard fits the bill. Using radio is instant. I guess marketing does have a role in that. Zero lag definitely sounds more marketable than a little but it won't bother you.

All BT has some lag but under 30 milliseconds is not perceptible. The aptx standard fits the bill. Using radio is instant. I guess marketing does have a role in that. Zero lag definitely sounds more marketable than a little but it won't bother you.

Thank you for your input. I guess the claim "zero lag" and "faster than BT" is the truth, but the real question is if the difference is perceptible or not. Interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom