New idea on finding location of lost jewelry

nathanatfork

Ive been thinking about an idea. Let me know what you think of it.

Taking out a newspaper ad or putting up signs stating something likee "found ring in xxxx county) Call to ID"

Then when calls come in, before asking them about IDing the ring, ask where they lost it if they know. Say that the ring ID doesnt match what you found. Then, you can either offer to search for there lost ring to return to them, or take the info quietly and go search for it for yourself.

From there you can either return the ring when found or keep it as a finders keepers type deal. Whichever you feel comfortable with.

May be a new way to find out locations of lost jewelry.

So, thats the idea. Looking at it one way it looks very crooked, or it could be a great way of getting info on finding stuff to return.

Or you could say 'yes...I have it!" and then when they get to the meeting point, carjack them.

At first I read this post and then was going to move along to another, however; something about it began to eat at me.

I am appalled that someone would contrive a way to basically con someone into revealing the location of a lost item. The obvious and HONEST way to go about this is to advertise your willingness to hunt for an item as Grumpy stated above. Instead you clearly state that you would "possibly" use the information for your own gain. I am sorry, but I do not believe that your intent is on the up and up.

When it is all said an done, you only have your word and your honor to fall back on. I would caution against selling them so cheaply.

This "technique" has been widely published as being used via Craigslist already. Someone just read the post on another forum and is trying it out.

This "technique" has been widely published as being used via Craigslist already. Someone just read the post on another forum and is trying it out.

Thats pretty close. But saw a post on another MD site not craigslist and how everyone reacted and wanted to test the reaction over here. Im not disapointed, lol.

Back
Top Bottom