Permission denied on my old home....

KiowaRd

Forum Supporter
The home I grew up in is only a couple of miles where I live now. The 1906 map shows a house there at that time. so it's a pretty old site. Sits back off the road and you can't see it from there. We moved out in the 60's and the farm ended up being sold to a large corporate farm. The manager only lives a mile from me so I went to see him to ask about going back to visit my old stomping grounds.
Didn't mention detecting but still got turned down. The farm and several other properties they own have been leased out for deer hunting and they can't allow anyone else on the property. The outfit that has the lease pays big bucks for it and they don't want to loose them. He was nice about it but I was very disappointed to say the least.
But I do have lots of places to hunt, some old abandoned farmsteads and some sites that used to be one room schools including the one my mother attended back in the 30's.

Can you find out what outfit is leasing them. If it's a club or a paid guide maybe you could get permission from them.

find out who leases it and ask them I have had them give me permission before with the understanding that I dont deer hunt...

Yeah KiowaRd, don't give up. Try later.

I can dig in the yard of the house I grew up in anytime - but I don't bother anymore. I now own it but we never really had anything good to lose so I never found anything but old nails, screws and some of my old toy marbles I lost back in the 60s. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom