removing places

LakecityflATPRO

I have only been doing this a couple of months, this has taught me where to not go. I had old trailer lots and property that had trailers removed. I began to think what was there and how they looked. It proved my point. rundown places equal trash, bottle caps, metal, and cans. Am I missing something? I have my AT PRO set on pro coins, iron set 36, ground interference set, sensitivity set 2 spots down. I have been hitting 52, 69 and use my at pro pinpointer to find the spot and there is nothing. I dig a foot around it with my little trowel. It says 6 in down, I do and find nothing. Am I doing something wrong? any advice would sincerely be appreciated.:?:

It's more than likely something large like a aluminum can or even a rusty steel can. Try raising your coil 6"-1' off the ground and if you still get a signal then you can pretty much just move on.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Yes, aluminum cans, old pieces of steel pipe, car axles, any big metal can mimic good signals. If you already dug down as far as you think the target should be, try setting your pinpointer to a short distance and try your dug hole again. If there's no signal from the pinpointer, it's 99% safe to assume it's just junk.

Once you get to know your machine real well you can hunt trashy sites, but while still learning it's better to stick to places that aren't quite so noisy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom