heavy gold ring + Lots pictures

scout23

Elite Member
Well today it warmed up a little and got to go to the old football field again. This time I decided to try something different. I have hunted this many times but mostly concentrated around where the bleachers and concession stand used to be. This time I decided to make a pass down the center of the field, goal post to goal post. Made first pass and pulled 2 wheats, 41 and 50. On the return pass about 6 feet beside the first. Pulled trash, a 42 wheat, a 42 quarter and this big 14k gold ring. It was about 5 inches deep and when I first saw it I thought it was a ball bearing because it was so wide it looked round. The I saw the hole was plugged with dirt and when I pushed it out I saw 14k, I about crapped. I immediatley took photos of it with my cell phone(sorry not best quality). I took better photos at home with the other finds. I don't remember what numbers it rang at but I think it was in the 60's. P.S it weighs 7.6 grams

Attachments

• 1211111506a.jpg
    1211111506a.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 416
  • 1211111438.jpg
    1211111438.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 1211111437.jpg
    1211111437.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 104_0800.jpg
    104_0800.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 104_0801.jpg
    104_0801.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 421
What a rewarding hunt for you ! And WTG on thinking outside the box = going down the middle of the field . I would do that whole field a little at time. steve in so az

Thanks guys, I try not to show to much emotion when I make good finds at this place because it's surrounded by houses and people. But I could hardly contain my self when I realized it was a ring. Then I was afraid I would lose it going back to my jeep. so I put it on my finger and put my glove back on. I dug another signal(can slaw) and got the heck out of there. It sure does make my wedding band look small. I think it's about a size 6-7 so it must have been a womans.

A BIG congrats on that BIG gold ring. Now you know why Hubby and I LOVE the sports fields! Just imagine what's waiting for you as you cover the rest of the field. : ) Good Luck.

That's a BIG ring! Congrats! Wil you be selling it? I just found a gold ring with a name inscribed. I'm probably going to track down the family.

Geezo man gosh darnit thats a big ring! Run it under the AT Pro now and tell us what it rings in at. Usually they ring in lower. Just be careful on football fields. I know around here to each school they are sacred ground. I might get a big butt kicking if I did that around here. But a huge congrats on a real big find!!:shock:

I needed a good hunt, been out about 5 times since I got the AT back from the upgrade. Had a few nice finds, a really old Buff (can't see date) a few wheats and a 57 dime. Also about $15-20 in clad I haven't tumbled and counted yet. But todays one hour hunt beats those 5 hunts hands down. I think finding gold is about 98% luck and 2%skill:lol:.

The football field hasn't been used in probably 30 to 40 years, nothing there but a large open field now. When I went to the junior high school in the late 70's we only used it for gym and colt football practice. They built the new high school in the mid 70's with a new football field. The junior high used to be the high school when my mom and dad went there in the early 60's. Also as far as selling the ring, I checked the weight on my 4 14K rings and they weigh 17.7. My wife likes the idea, but I don't know yet.

Love them fields

You did well straight down the middle..I visited a field myself today. When football is over..no one is ever around. All I found was clad. Congrats on the gold and Silver WTG

Back
Top Bottom