Can a coil be converted to a different detector?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
For instance, would it be at all possible to convert a clean sweep coil to work on an AT Pro? I'm sure frequency would matter, but if the frequency matched and you could get the correct pinouts, could you make a conversion plug?

For instance, would it be at all possible to convert a clean sweep coil to work on an AT Pro? I'm sure frequency would matter, but if the frequency matched and you could get the correct pinouts, could you make a conversion plug?

I've worked with restoring a few detectors (Minelab explorer, Fisher CZ, Garrett Sea Hunter, DetectorPro Diver, DetectorPro Pulse, and Whites Surf PI) and found the coils are specifically engineered for a specific machine. When trying to retrofit a different make coil, I found some would not function at all, and some would work with anomalies. For example: One unit became hyper sensitive to EMI. Another would work, but only at 50% of the sensitivity and depth.

Ironically, there are detector kits that let you make your own coil. You can make them as big or as small as you desire. But again, I "think" this is because of the way they engineered the control module.

For serious tech info, probably your best bet is to post on http://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum.php

thanks...I'll check out that link. I figured that if it was something even remotely simple it would be readily available....

Back
Top Bottom