New York Cop In Amazing Shootout!!

i thought police were trained to shoot to kill when the assailant was threatening lives. shoot to kill means head and center of mass shots. sounds like she in fact had poor marksmanship skills then got lucky with a hand hit and then claimed it as such. When lives are threatened its not the time to try some annie oakley trick shooting.

if it were me in the situation it would of been 5 rounds in the chest. end of story.

Well, I applaud her heroism. But I am hard pressed to believe that faced with an attacker armed with a 44 and she, probably armed with her service 38, would have been trying to shoot the gun off the attacker's hands. She must have been going for a chest shot and missed by a mile.:roll:

i thought police were trained to shoot to kill when the assailant was threatening lives. shoot to kill means head and center of mass shots. sounds like she in fact had poor marksmanship skills then got lucky with a hand hit and then claimed it as such. When lives are threatened its not the time to try some annie oakley trick shooting.

if it were me in the situation it would of been 5 rounds in the chest. end of story.

It's called "target fixation". She was fixated on the threat, the gun. She hit what she was fixated on, not exactly what she may have been trained to do. I imagine it has something to do with the size of the bore of that 44 the bad guy had.

Semper Fi

Back
Top Bottom