good source for misc. stuff

pen maker

First, I want to say that i am in no way affiliated with this website/company. I don't know anyone with their company etc. etc. I am simply a customer and a fan.

That being said.......

In yesterday's mail was a new copy of the latest "AS&S" catalog. AS&S stands for American Science and Surplus. They are a company with an amazing website. As the name implies, they sell lots of Science stuff, and lots of surplus stuff. Due to the ever changing nature of Surplus items, parts of their inventory are always changing.

On the front cover of this month's catalog, is a "rock tumbler" for $40. It has a 1 pound capacity. includes two "grinding powders" and two "polishing powders". It has settings for 1 to 7 days of tumbling, and includes some practice stones and jewelry hardware (after all, it is really made for kids to tumble rocks). It is a toy, but i thought it might work for finds...

They have a bigger tumbler for $90. It has a 3 pound capacity, 15 sided rubber barrel. 115 VAC motor. 6" by 6" by 7 1/2" tall.

I was thumbing through the "log" last night and saw a set of metal wafers. They were just small, thin wafers of different metals. My first thoughts were for calibrating a MD, or helping noobs learn tone differences etc.

They sell garden digging tools, containers for all sorts of applications, laser pointers, flashlights, you name it...

And if you like Science, you will spend a FORTUNE with them. They have some of the coolest toys on the planet, and their prices are nice. trebuchet model kits, telescopes, microscopes, electronics kits, rube goldberg kits, all kinds of really cool stuff. I just wish they were around when i was a kid. I would have grown up to be a mechanical engineer or something, instead of a slacker.

I don't remember their web address, cause i usually order from the catalogs, but if you google the company name, it will come right up.

HH!

Forgive??? I ENCOURAGE IT!

PS... Thanks for doing the work that i was too lazy to do myself:shock:! Isn't the internet such a wonderful place! Slackers can get their weight picked up online too:lol:!!

In all reality, i didnt post the link because i didn't want to lose the next 2 hours of my life looking at cool stuff my wife won't let me buy. I cannot get near that link without getting lost.

Now there's a word I can get behind!
That's a cool little sign, it makes it look better IMO, kinda official. Heck, with what you said (a word I can get behind), a T-shirt can be made out of it! Tell you what, you get the ball rolling and I'll bring up the rear. ;)Deal?;)

I can't stop looking at the selections ! I ordered the catalog. I love it when people put humor into things = "venerable beads" :)

thanks, steve in so az

Great site. I forgot I even had it in my favorites. I was looking for SS ball bearings years ago and found it. Thanks for reminding me.

Back
Top Bottom