What are you reading now

recently finished

The Lost Symbol, another Dan Brown winner. Before that, a couple more john Grishams. Last week I started a John Irving novel. "Last night in twisted River" I, for some reason got as far as page 375 before I gave up. This novel is NOT up to "The World According to Garp" standard Mr Irving is famous for.
Don't waste your money on that one....Gil

The Lost Symbol, another Dan Brown winner. Before that, a couple more john Grishams. Last week I started a John Irving novel. "Last night in twisted River" I, for some reason got as far as page 375 before I gave up. This novel is NOT up to "The World According to Garp" standard Mr Irving is famous for.
Don't waste your money on that one....Gil

I will eventually read as I love Irving, but it's hard to live up to Garp or A Prayer for Owen Meany (my all time favorite). A Widow for One Year was unusual for an Irving book as was Cider House Rules, but I really enjoyed both of them. If you really want to read a crazy Irving book, try Hotel New Hampshire out, just never watch any of the movies.

DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON by J.L. Bourne and it's been really good. ZOMBIES!! so far the point of view has been..."what if there are more zombies than bullets?" or at least that's what I've been getting. Reading the next book in the series....Beyond Exile. hope to see more!

Also reading PAUL OF DUNE of the Frank Herbert series on DUNE.

These are Strange Tales; by Anthony Abbot copyright; 1948 first edition

Missouri, A Geographical Reader for the boys and girls of our state; by Sam T. Bratton; copyright 1928 second edition

both found in an old house attic. also found a physics from 1910!

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
The Dark Side of the Game by Tim Green
Atlas Shrugged by Ayan Rand

Back
Top Bottom