Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 02-08-2018, 10:45 PM

Default Garrett Z-lynk system?

I am considering purchasing one for my MXT and M6 using Rat phones.

Do they work just as advertised?

From what I have seen, The system seems to work great.

Anyone have first hand experience?

Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Elite Member

They are very nice. Headphones are very comfortable and no lag at all. They stay charged a long time with no worries..

Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM

I've been using them since they have come out. Gives you complete freedom. Wouldn't hunt without them. I have the stand alone unit for my ACE and the built in unit on my MAX, both perform great.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

Bajanick,
been using the system for a while now - its great.
Here is my review of the system - http://detecting365.com/garrett-z-ly...ss-kit-review/

Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Supporter

Well, off the recommendations of the great folks on FMDF, I've ditched my BT set-up and ordered the Z-lynk for my favorite wired cans. You all better not be wrong!!!

MXT All Pro, Tesoro Compadre 7"- Oldest Coin:1858 Flying eagle. Finds: 2018 (total) Clad: $10.61 ($193.96) Silver coins: 5 (41) Silver jewelry: 1 (16) Gold jewelry: 0 (1) Buffalos: 0 (7) Wheats: 5 (108) Injuns: 0 (10) V Nicks: 0 (4)

Old 02-09-2018, 06:43 PM

Early ones had some issues (they've gone through a few changes). New ones work great and I love it!

Old 02-10-2018, 12:08 PM

They are incredible with an amazingly fast response time. Honestly cant really tell the difference between wired and wireless with these as far as how fast it beeps. Not being "connected" to the detector is sweet too!

Old 02-11-2018, 04:18 AM

Thanks for the replies. I will be ordering it (Z-lynk, not headphones) soon.

I have an old cheap set of wireless headphones from radio shack, They actually work with any 1/4 jack but they are small, unconfortable and the earpads have deteriorated.

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Elite Member

Bought mine shortly after they came out no issues at all and single charge lasts several hunts

Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Supporter

So far, so good! Got the Z-Lynk today and it seems to be a nice set-up so far. Only a couple hours on it yet. Unfortunately my super comfy and light Philips cans are TOO light. I intended to put the WR-1 on the top of the headphone band but its weight combined with my apparently small skull, tosses the phones forward when I cut a plug...Time do a little customization to the headband and hopefully get them to tighten up enough.

Thanks and HH!

MXT All Pro, Tesoro Compadre 7"- Oldest Coin:1858 Flying eagle. Finds: 2018 (total) Clad: $10.61 ($193.96) Silver coins: 5 (41) Silver jewelry: 1 (16) Gold jewelry: 0 (1) Buffalos: 0 (7) Wheats: 5 (108) Injuns: 0 (10) V Nicks: 0 (4)

Old 02-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Elite Member

love my z-link setup. not getting tangled up and so much easier to get down and dig those targets without being connected to the machine. honestly i cannot tell the difference between the z-link and being directly plugged into the machine as far as lag and sound quality, use mine on my mxt mainly.the bad is you gotta dig a bunch of clad to pay for it lol.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by playin4funami View post
love my z-link setup. not getting tangled up and so much easier to get down and dig those targets without being connected to the machine. honestly i cannot tell the difference between the z-link and being directly plugged into the machine as far as lag and sound quality, use mine on my mxt mainly.the bad is you gotta dig a bunch of clad to pay for it lol.
I was using an aptX bluetooth setup that worked pretty well on the M6 but seemed laggy with the MX Sport. I used it on the MXT for about 5 minutes and it was worse than on the MX I think. Now that I ran a few hours with the Z-Lynk today and swapped back and forth a little between BT, Z-Lynk and wired, I could definitely hear the lag in the BT but didn't notice any with the Garrett.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:50 PM

This is a great thread. I have been vacillating on buying the ZLink system since it came out. Problem is, it seemed like the earlier reviews were more or less split between failures and likes, many of the likes being reported by Garrett "affiliates." My overall take was that system simply didn't appear reliable. The failures occurred mostly with the transmitter.

After reading this thread however, it sounds like the Z Link has gone through a number of iterations to fix the problems. Does anyone know what steps were taken to get to this point?

Sounds promising finally!

Thanks, Mike