Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 PM

Default No silver this week

I went through my weekly box and although there was not any silver I did find 9 NIFC to add to my collection. Hoping for silver next week.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Bummer on the lack of silver, better luck on the next box. I asked at the bank when I was in on Saturday for any halves in the teller drawers but somebody had already cleaned them out.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Sorry to hear that, but KT seems to get silver from an average of 1 in 5 boxes. Hope you can run better than that! Best of Royal Luck!

Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View post
Bummer on the lack of silver, better luck on the next box. I asked at the bank when I was in on Saturday for any halves in the teller drawers but somebody had already cleaned them out.
Thanks Jeepfreak... hoping for a better box this Thursday!

Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
Sorry to hear that, but KT seems to get silver from an average of 1 in 5 boxes. Hope you can run better than that! Best of Royal Luck!
Thanks KT... I had noticed that the royal hoard was increasing with roughly those numbers lately. Definitely a game of volume!

Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 AM

Can't win them all right? But that box beats my only halves box that had just 1 NIFC and no silver.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by iwillbot View post
Can't win them all right? But that box beats my only halves box that had just 1 NIFC and no silver.
Perhaps folks in the south are more prone to just dump relatives hoards rather than think of greater than face value possibilities? Just a Royal Thought!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by iwillbot View post
True... don't stop at that though... I have had the occasional box that gives up a few silvers (and one that was insane) so it kind of balances out.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
Perhaps folks in the south are more prone to just dump relatives hoards rather than think of greater than face value possibilities? Just a Royal Thought!
That could be. I was talking to a banker friend who suggested to me that summer time is the best time for silvers because families are going on vacations and dump more, as well as kids being on break from school and dumping . (perhaps without permission)

Old 04-19-2018, 05:42 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by jkbemdavis View post
That could be. I was talking to a banker friend who suggested to me that summer time is the best time for silvers because families are going on vacations and dump more, as well as kids being on break from school and dumping . (perhaps without permission)
I've heard a bankster mention that also, but seriously, who uses cash anymore? Folks just load the debt onto their credit cards...If I'm buying groceries, no one's paying cash (except me), standing in line at the convenience store, it's debit, credit or EBT (except for me)...kids today don't know what money is, their every whim is taken care of (I have two teens, they don't care about money, only their social status), although my son works the till at Taco Bell, he is not a collector but every week brings home wheat cents, on occasion silver dimes etc...

Sorry I went overboard, rant off.

Better luck next week for you and silver -

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

Old 05-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Elite Member

It's somewhat true, but I, someone that is part of the younger generation must remind yall that a lot of people still use cash because they don't trust credit cards or any card at all. For instance I have quite a few acquaintances/ companions that have gotten so much credit card debt they refuse to ever use said cards ever again after paying them off, now they only use cash.