Box of halves and box of dimes nets a bucket lister.

Usa

Elite Member
I got this 90%er in the 5th roll. Today I got a box of dimes to go through as well. I was surprised when the 50%er canadian appeared. I have always wanted one. The Rosie was nice too. I couldn't believe my eyes when this merc showed up. It has always been a bucket lister for me.
TQ for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4510.jpg
    IMG_4510.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_4503.jpg
    IMG_4503.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 329
Congrats, Levi! :hi5: Very cool finds. :yes: I would love to find a Merc CRHing... maybe this year! :grin:

Great job on the pics, too. I really like them. :D

:woot: Congrats on two extraordinary coin roll hunts! All of those coins are really nice finds. I second Wolfie about the pics... I like the one showing the silver edge. :)

Congrats on some super finds ! I have not found a merc yet in roughy $2000 worth of dimes so that’s a nice find for sure.

Started coin roll hunting a few months ago. Primarily halves. But got my wife involved and she loves “ treasure hunting” and is very lucky with it.

First 2 boxes yielded a single ‘64 Kennedy each.

Next box gave up 4’64s, a ‘53 Franklin and a ‘42 Walker. Also 18 40% halves, 3 proof coins, 2 gold (plated) halves (‘64 & ‘71) and a number of uncirculated coins.

Wife sent me to the bank the next day to buy another box. It gave up a ‘40 and. ‘46 Walker. The ‘46 was uncirculated. Also 11 40% coins, another proof, and 3 no FGs.

Next 2 boxes gave up NOTHING. NADA. ZIP.

Bought 10 rolls and wife found an ‘07 Barber.

Next box had a ‘67.

Just bought 15 rolls and a single ‘64 was in them.

10 rolls of dimes had a single ‘64.

20 rolls of quarters had nothing.

But always fun. Even more when somebody is diddling with a collection.

Usa -- Great finds! Nice variety. Foreign silver, yay! Mercuries are so cool looking, too.

Chipk -- You've rocked it for just hunting a few months, congrats! As long as oldie halves like that are showing up I'd be hitting that bank for more as often as possible, and wouldn't let just 2 skunk boxes slow me down.

To everyone -- is there a time limit on coinage designs? I'd swear I read once they *had* to redo some coins because they were coming due. US Dollar coin I think? Followed by a big fuss of choosing something non-traditional to be "PC" about it. But then this Roosevelt dime hasn't changed in what, 70+ years? Whats the rule?

HH

Yes sir that’s what imsayin!
Thanks, amc
:woot: Congrats on two extraordinary coin roll hunts! All of those coins are really nice finds. I second Wolfie about the pics... I like the one showing the silver edge. :)
Thanks, Chelsea
Congrats on some super finds ! I have not found a merc yet in roughy $2000 worth of dimes so that’s a nice find for sure.
Thanks, Hopefuly this will be the year for you.
Started coin roll hunting a few months ago. Primarily halves. But got my wife involved and she loves “ treasure hunting” and is very lucky with it.

First 2 boxes yielded a single ‘64 Kennedy each.

Next box gave up 4’64s, a ‘53 Franklin and a ‘42 Walker. Also 18 40% halves, 3 proof coins, 2 gold (plated) halves (‘64 & ‘71) and a number of uncirculated coins.

Wife sent me to the bank the next day to buy another box. It gave up a ‘40 and. ‘46 Walker. The ‘46 was uncirculated. Also 11 40% coins, another proof, and 3 no FGs.

Next 2 boxes gave up NOTHING. NADA. ZIP.

Bought 10 rolls and wife found an ‘07 Barber.

Next box had a ‘67.

Just bought 15 rolls and a single ‘64 was in them.

10 rolls of dimes had a single ‘64.

20 rolls of quarters had nothing.

But always fun. Even more when somebody is diddling with a collection.
Wow, you did good.
Nice work!!! Congrats!
Thanks, GS.
Nice finds and more importantly...Nice job getting the wife into it too! :laughing:
Thanks.....???????
Usa -- Great finds! Nice variety. Foreign silver, yay! Mercuries are so cool looking, too.

Chipk -- You've rocked it for just hunting a few months, congrats! As long as oldie halves like that are showing up I'd be hitting that bank for more as often as possible, and wouldn't let just 2 skunk boxes slow me down.

To everyone -- is there a time limit on coinage designs? I'd swear I read once they *had* to redo some coins because they were coming due. US Dollar coin I think? Followed by a big fuss of choosing something non-traditional to be "PC" about it. But then this Roosevelt dime hasn't changed in what, 70+ years? Whats the rule?

HH
Thanks. I have no idea.

Royal congrats on the 64 Ken, and a nice selection of dimes! Question, do you edge hunt the dimes, or actually check dates? KT's Royal Eyes are such that the dates are just a bit too small to see without an Optivisor so that's why He only hunts rolls of halves! :yes:

Royal congrats on the 64 Ken, and a nice selection of dimes! Question, do you edge hunt the dimes, or actually check dates? KT's Royal Eyes are such that the dates are just a bit too small to see without an Optivisor so that's why He only hunts rolls of halves! :yes:

Thanks KT. I edge check for dimes.

Back
Top Bottom