Where's the best place to sell your diamonds

Canuck

I was wondering where you guys are selling your diamonds? I see some beautiful pieces of jewelery on here and i think it would be a shame to melt it down but then there are others that are not so nice. Is there a place like aragold or midwest for diamonds or do you sell them on eBay? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ARA buys diamonds but offers PEANUTS for them. I found a beautiful ring with .70 carat diamond and was offered 110.00.

Here is a FACT. Diamonds are not worth anything UNLESS they are large. People are selling gold to jewlery stores and they are ALL being told the diamonds are not worth anything. Jewelers have an abundunce of small diamonds now because they get them free with all the gold they have been buying.

I woudn't sell. Wait to find a private person that needs some and give them a deal they can't refuse. You both will win.

ARA buys diamonds but offers PEANUTS for them. I found a beautiful ring with .70 carat diamond and was offered 110.00.

Here is a FACT. Diamonds are not worth anything UNLESS they are large. People are selling gold to jewlery stores and they are ALL being told the diamonds are not worth anything. Jewelers have an abundunce of small diamonds now because they get them free with all the gold they have been buying.

I woudn't sell. Wait to find a private person that needs some and give them a deal they can't refuse. You both will win.

Spot on, and I couldn't agree more. Even large stones wont get you a box of cracker jacks if it not of good quality, and even then your going to lose. Diamonds are way over rated. Your better of selling carrots from the produce section:laughing:

Thanks to everyone of you for that very good information!!:goodjob::goodpost:

The last amount of small diamonds I had I sold to a guy that made industrial diamond cutting tools. He came into my buddies pawn shop looking to buy and I came home and got mine. That is the only way I have ever seen to get rid of small diamonds. He didn't pay much, but nobody else wanted them.

If you can keep them in the ring..if the rings broken or beyond fixing then start stacking them....im seeing like a half dozen going for like $20...but when you cross into the .25 and above they should have value. but everything is down to quality so youd have to have them appraised...which could suck up your profit, it doesn't help that you can now get man made diamonds.

Years ago I read that the world surplus of rough diamonds is of insane proportions.

small diamonds are only worth something if you save a bunch up and put them in a sock. In a pinch it makes a pretty good weapon. And you don't have to waste two rolls of dimes:lol: I got a couple diamond rings i'm gonna sell as diamond rings a little above melt. if they don't sell i'll take the diamonds out and save them in case i need any for jewelry repair. jewelers rip you off if you lose a diamond. My wife lost three already:no:

Thanks for the great information. Looks like I will save them up and make my wife some really sweet jewlery. I hoping to find some wild gold on the claim this summer and make her a nugget ring. I guess it would be nice to put a pile of diamonds on it as well.

Years ago I read that the world surplus of rough diamonds is of insane proportions.

There was talk once that DeBeers were going to fill up a trawler with diamonds and sink it in the ocean off Africa...because they had so much diamonds if they hit the market they could drive the costs down to 1/10th the value...as it is with seeded manmade diamonds and GE creating even better manufacturing quality diamonds they are almost just bling for the ring unless they are .25 and above...and everything is the quality.

There was talk once that DeBeers were going to fill up a trawler with diamonds and sink it in the ocean off Africa...because they had so much diamonds if they hit the market they could drive the costs down to 1/10th the value...as it is with seeded manmade diamonds and GE creating even better manufacturing quality diamonds they are almost just bling for the ring unless they are .25 and above...and everything is the quality.

The practice of material suppliers retaining huge surpluses of precious metals etc is common. Mining corporations for example only have to pay taxes on gold if they sell it, so they have an incentive to warehouse it completely off-market until some day in the future when they can get tax breaks etc. They can still claim the value as solvency on the books.

Sell em to me I will pay fair value, as my wife is a jeweler and uses them regularly. Neither one of us really knows what they're worth, hard to judge something like that. But if anyone is interested in selling some I'm sure we would be interested. I do know that if you take really good photos and are very very very very patient you can sell some On eBay at a fixed price sale. I've sold several small and large diamond lots on eBay, and some of them took up to three years to sell But when they did sale I got 10 times more than the diamonds were really worth.

Nothing says ring..... like a diamond ring. We all have collections of them.... people love gold and diamond. I sell most of the gold i find..... but not the diamond rings. Think consignment or some local way to sell the ring.... not the diamonds. IF you want them send the ring to ARA they remove them and send them back in a baggie with the total weight... which helps a lot. Most of the small ones would be called nickel bags im afraid just because they almost give them to jewelry stores.

If you want to see a women perk up.... tell her these are real diamonds not CZs. There is your buyers markets. But getting them to pay above melt isnt easy.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom