Best place to sell gold/silver

Thousandstar

I know this has been touched on before, but I can't find the thread. I'm ready to part with some gold and silver. Where is the best place that offers the most reliable service and best prices? Thanks in advance.

ARA (American Recycling Associates) They are the best around IMO. I just talked to them today about my small package and the check is in the mail for my 2 gold items. I'm super happy with them and will deal with them again when I'm lucky enough to have found more precious metals ugly enough to melt. : ) Good luck

aragold.com

ARA will give ya 98% on gold and 90% on silver http://www.aragold.com/
you can also have them hold your order and have them melt when prices go up, they will also send back any stones in jewelry

Question...

I am also about to sell off some gold and such... a few of the items have diamonds, and I am pretty certain they are real... one item has 12 diamonds that are about .25 to .33 in size (using a size chart... I know, its just a ballpark)... one of my fears is to send out... what would prevent folks from sending me back fakes or lower quality etc?

I'm sure these folks are honest etc... but its still something that makes me nervous... what has your experience with them been in regards to diamonds and what they pay for same etc?

Thanks!

I am also about to sell off some gold and such... a few of the items have diamonds, and I am pretty certain they are real... one item has 12 diamonds that are about .25 to .33 in size (using a size chart... I know, its just a ballpark)... one of my fears is to send out... what would prevent folks from sending me back fakes or lower quality etc?

I'm sure these folks are honest etc... but its still something that makes me nervous... what has your experience with them been in regards to diamonds and what they pay for same etc?

Thanks!

I spoke with them on the phone and they told me that there is a gem dealer that may bid on the stones if he likes them. You can then counter-bid or just reject the bid and get your stones back.

I have a few rings, how do you use this company ARE?

just give them a call with any questions http://www.aragold.com/ basically just send your stuff to them insured and with your info and they send ya a check or you can have them hold your metal and you can watch the market and call when you want them to melt. usually takes about 2 weeks turnaround

Thanks for the info. Mailed my stuff today, we'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

Sell or Hold

I am curious about what do you do with your metal and would it be better to just hold things as is? Many different opinions on this and would enjoy hearing comments on selling, holding etc.

I am curious about what do you do with your metal and would it be better to just hold things as is? Many different opinions on this and would enjoy hearing comments on selling, holding etc.

Some hold it for a long time, some sell it as they get it.

One member had a lot he was holding for a long time and recently his wife needed a car so he cashed it all in and bought her one.

Back
Top Bottom