Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 02-24-2021, 07:36 AM

Default Sand Scoop Advice and Opinions

Good morning! I am looking to purchase 2 sand scoops with CF handles. There are so many out there it's just about overwhelming. they seem to range from $25 to $700. I know I don't want the $25 scoop but I also know I don't want the $700 either. From what I see the better scoops are running between $150 and $250. I live in Carolina Beach, NC a couple blocks from the beach. Its a tourist beach so there will be plenty of lost items there. This is where the sand scoop will be used.

Tell me the following,
1. What brand and model you have.
2. Why you like it.
3. The pro's and con's. (no tool is perfect)
4. If you have a link to the said tool post it as well.

Larry

Old 02-28-2021, 08:35 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by CBhunter1 View post
Good morning! I am looking to purchase 2 sand scoops with CF handles. There are so many out there it's just about overwhelming. they seem to range from $25 to $700. I know I don't want the $25 scoop but I also know I don't want the $700 either. From what I see the better scoops are running between $150 and $250. I live in Carolina Beach, NC a couple blocks from the beach. Its a tourist beach so there will be plenty of lost items there. This is where the sand scoop will be used.

Tell me the following,
1. What brand and model you have.
2. Why you like it.
3. The pro's and con's. (no tool is perfect)
4. If you have a link to the said tool post it as well.

Larry
Dune Hydra. I have used that scoop (8x11) for 2 and half years on the beach and it has been great. You can get CF handles with them as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27430860705...62be84fc9e9658