• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today's kids😳

metaladdict

Elite Member
My daughter texts me from another room to turn down my rock music! She's lucky she didn't grow up with my nextdoor neighbor who blasted rock in the 70s.
Or I should say she is actually deprived of great music!

This generation of kids and them phones this world is doomed. Between them phones and kids not wanting to work is terrible. I look at my granddaughter which is 2 I look at her mom and dad which they both work but my god all they want to do is play on that phone. My grand daughter and that generation is doomed. Lol.

Same with every generation.

When my folks grew up it was Elvis and ‘the devil’s’ rock-n-roll that was going to destroy the world. :lol:

Just tell her another foul comment like that and she's grounded and you're taking away her phone.

Between them phones and kids not wanting to work is terrible.

I work in a refinery, which means rotating shift work. I work 2 weeks of days, then 2 weeks of nights. Days are 5:00 am - 5:00 pm, and nights are 5:00 pm - 5:00 am. I work 2 weekends a month, and if your rotation falls on a holiday, so be it. I am starting my 25th year, and I worked Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve this year. The pay is really good, but you earn it. It is amazing how many young men and women apply, then find out the hours, and find out they have to work outside regardless of weather, and they walk away :laughing:.

Oh and by the way, I jam out to AC/DC on the way home sometimes - really loud. :cool:

Just tell her another foul comment like that and she's grounded and you're taking away her phone.

Or just tell her you’ll join FB if she doesn’t be nice :lol: that ought to quell anything! (Borrowed from a Rick and Morty episode)

JK. Nothing like a little AC/DC or older Metallica once in a while. Or CCR, The Band, etc.

I don’t listen to music often enough, can’t seem to make the time for much of anything.

My daughter is almost 13 Metal, both my kids are on their devices more than I care for, but I do like the screen time controls :lol:

My daughter texts me from another room to turn down my rock music! She's lucky she didn't grow up with my nextdoor neighbor who blasted rock in the 70s.
Or I should say she is actually deprived of great music!

How about putting in your earplugs and cranking up "Hamster Dance" to let her know how good she has it now? :)

-- Tom

This generation of kids and them phones this world is doomed. Between them phones and kids not wanting to work is terrible. I look at my granddaughter which is 2 I look at her mom and dad which they both work but my god all they want to do is play on that phone. My grand daughter and that generation is doomed. Lol.
Some people have gone absolutely nutty with their phones. There have been MANY times when I enter a men's room in a supermarket, Walmart, or restaurant and there's a guy sitting on the throne talking to someone on his phone. How important was the conversation that it couldn't wait until after exiting the john?

Yalls tastes in music leave me cold. I did not know that there had been any decent music in the past 50 or so years. Xm radio in my car is always on Willies road House or fifties on five. But then i am an OLD Phart.

Yalls tastes in music leave me cold. I did not know that there had been any decent music in the past 50 or so years. Xm radio in my car is always on Willies road House or fifties on five. But then i am an OLD Phart.

Ditto Willies

If you are listening to OZZY you aint old Yet. I dont consider most offerings that have come along in the past 50 to 60 years to be music.
That’s sad. I’m right on 60 years. Remind me of my dad, he’s 85. He can’t handle contemporary music either. He last listened to Glenn Miller back in 1965. Now he listens to Rush! Limbaugh. :cool3:

Today's kids[emoji15]

That’s sad. I’m right on 60 years. Remind me of my dad, he’s 85. He can’t handle contemporary music either. He last listened to Glenn Miller back in 1965. Now he listens to Rush! Limbaugh. :cool3:

Not for long unless Limbaugh can pull through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love most all music. I do draw the line on todays so called music kids listen to. Favorite for me is 60's rock, the music I listened to in the Nam. As far as phones go, we have a TracFone we use just for emergency calls and to text once in a while. And yes we still have a land line we us all the time. I do feel slighted though. When I'm walking, I have to watch where I am going so I don't walk into something. Somewhere in recent human evolution man has obtained the ability of internal radar. It amazes me to watch people going about their travels with their eyes glued to the screen on their phones. The devil in me wants to get one of those Butane loud air horns and walk into a crowd full of phone walkers and touch that thing off. I know at 71 I wouldn't be able to outrun the butt whoopin I would get, but Hochymama for a few minutes it would be funny watching them trying to figure who's phone was who's as they picked them up off the ground.:crackup::crackup:

Back
Top Bottom