New intro

glenhou

Just picked up a Prizm II and got the bag, Bullseye probe and head phones for an additional $50 so I think that is a goo deal. New to MD so went out last night in the backyard and got 3 pennies and a dime along with some building screws and other misc building junk.

My daughter enjoys it and is there to read the dates of the coins to me. :)

What do you guys recommend for cleaning coins? My dime really looks like a penny right now. I tried baking soda and toothbrush but not sure that is the best method.

Will need to read the posts here to get more tips.

Glen
Seattle WA

Hello Glen,

I'm new to this too...am still shopping for MD at this point. I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum. I'm on the West coast also. Have fun and good luck.

Cathi

Welcome Glen and Cathi. This is a great hobby each of you will have a lot of fun.
Glen the Prizms are good detectors. It's great that your daughter is hunting with you that makes it even better. For coins that don't have any value I tumble pennies in aquarium gravel with soap and kaboom. For nickles, dimes and quarters I replace the kaboom with CLR.
Cathi Prizms and the Ace 250 are good detectors. Check into them and other brand name companies. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom