IMG_1916.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 488
Congratulations! It looks like a nice ring. What does the stamp say?

Beauty! Congratulations! Stamped 925 I'm guessing? Where did you find that one?

Congratulations! It looks like a nice ring. What does the stamp say?

Thank You
I found it in a park near horse stables, I haven't even read the stamp yet, will have to get back to you on that. It does look like a thick ring. Have no idea what the markings mean :?:

Thank You
see .925 which is the standard for Sterling silver, meaning the silver content in the piece is 92.5% (i.e., the remaining 7.5% is comprised of other elements). .929 then could mean that the silver content in a piece is 92.9%

Interesting education we have learn today, so is the melt down the same as the cost of the ring:?:

54 cents a gram for melt. It's worth more as a ring to the right buyer, easy $20. only a few bucks as silver

the letters are Runes not sure of your rings specific meaning but hope this helps

Attachments

• runes_meaningbw.jpg
    runes_meaningbw.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 407
The stamp probably reads .925. They don't always make perfect marks. I did silversmithing for over thirty years and it looks like a standard silver ring. I always love finding them and I have even repaired some broken ones that I have found. In thirty years i have even found a few that I had made but I have no idea who bought them because I probably made hundreds each year.

Back
Top Bottom