What you thinkin' when your diggin'

ME&MYACE400

Elite Member
I'm wondering if i'm going to be digging deeper

Have you found a mason jar yet, if so, what was in it:shock:

Sometimes I'm thinking I should just buy a tesoro,and cut out the middle man of the visual ID..No doubt I'd find more valuable stuff,and more junk.lol..

The time I spend detecting are the times I get to not think of anything in particular. I just relax and concentrate on the tones.

The time I spend detecting are the times I get to not think of anything in particular. I just relax and concentrate on the tones.

Yep! This is one of the most relaxing pasttimes! A guy doesnt have to think about much of anything! Lost in the wonderful tones, the dirt/finds/trash do the thinking and set the tempo.....Its like you are in a State of semi consciousness....like going to a Symphony....?

"In the Zone" is a wonderful State of mind...I used to get this when building a boat or something in my shop late at night....Mind for once is in Neutral, no worries or thoughts...creative and wonderful things are happening but its like I'm an observer and not really there...no pain, no worries, very fluid movements, easy and creative, pure relaxation experience...sure, all the senses are laser sharp, but the mind is too busy processing signals to think about much else...

Hard to describe...It is wonderful though...a guy cant be building a boat all the time.....

Well said, Mud. Relaxing the mind is a wonderful (and necessary) thing. I get some of my best relaxation therapy while detecting, mowing, or fishing. It helps to recharge the batteries once in a while.

Well said, Mud. Relaxing the mind is a wonderful (and necessary) thing. I get some of my best relaxation therapy while detecting, mowing, or fishing. It helps to recharge the batteries once in a while.

Brother! You know your Father experienced this wonderful phenomenon with his Waterfowl Wood Carvings! An overactive and vivid mind needs a rest from thinking and just doing something for the recharge reset...some people call it 'being creative', but its actually a positive mental survival technique a guy has to reason...? Most folks inclined really cant help it..they must do it..unavoidable side effect....

I was wondering here for a while now Junky...do you have a Luna Moth in your collection?...What ectoderm trophy bug are you missing that a Brother might lend an assist on? I've been keeping my eyes open for a good bug for you....even bugs are getting hard to find!...thanks to Monsanto...

Last edited:
Well I did dig deep enough and it was a big old jar with a broken cork. Inside was a "Mud Puppy" :) but the cork was broken and as you can see it is still very much leaking. :no:

“Ooo, a strong 97, now it’s 99. Only 4” deep. Work me a circle, man this plug is hard to get out. There we go. ***scans plug, scams hole*** “Where did my signal go??”

Sweep area again, “there it is, 8” away”. Dig another plug.

“What tha hell is going on???”

Brother! You know your Father experienced this wonderful phenomenon with his Waterfowl Wood Carvings! An overactive and vivid mind needs a rest from thinking and just doing something for the recharge reset...some people call it 'being creative', but its actually a positive mental survival technique a guy has to reason...? Most folks inclined really cant help it..they must do it..unavoidable side effect....

I was wondering here for a while now Junky...do you have a Luna Moth in your collection?...What ectoderm trophy bug are you missing that a Brother might lend an assist on? I've been keeping my eyes open for a good bug for you....even bugs are getting hard to find!...thanks to Monsanto...

I've been asked to put together seperate butterfly and moth displays for the Missouri Dept of Conservation for their visitor center. Sure would like a nice female Cecropia Moth to add to the moth display. Yes, there are fewer bugs and less variety these days. I too, blame overuse of pesticides. Thanks, Mud.
Sorry for hijacking your thread.

“Ooo, a strong 97, now it’s 99. Only 4” deep. Work me a circle, man this plug is hard to get out. There we go. ***scans plug, scams hole*** “Where did my signal go??”

Sweep area again, “there it is, 8” away”. Dig another plug.

“What tha hell is going on???”

That's me..here comes another trench:laughing:

I've been asked to put together seperate butterfly and moth displays for the Missouri Dept of Conservation for their visitor center. Sure would like a nice female Cecropia Moth to add to the moth display. Yes, there are fewer bugs and less variety these days. I too, blame overuse of pesticides. Thanks, Mud.
Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Yeah? I was gonna mention Cecropia!...didnt think anybody would know what we were talking about though! Sounds like a New Model Minivan or SUV! You know..Sequoia, Cecrophia, Sephia....Allright..I'm on it!...I saw only one last year....Not quite sure if it was a female Cecrophia moth though? Might have been a small female bat?...I didnt see a purse...either way, it was something...We have 4 bald Eagles here now sitting up in the trees over the bayou.....just beautiful...

Wife wants me to go out on the ice and lay out some guts and liver!...OK, no problem, its Valentines day and I'm a hopeless romantic...Dozen roses? No! Haul a pound of liver out on the ice and feed the Eagles! Yeah, shes a keeper! .:laughing:...FWIW, I aint seen a Luna Moth in the past 5years...and that is very troubling...

Yeah? I was gonna mention Cecropia!...didnt think anybody would know what we were talking about though! Sounds like a New Model Minivan or SUV! You know..Sequoia, Cecrophia, Sephia....Allright..I'm on it!...I saw only one last year....Not quite sure if it was a female Cecrophia moth though? Might have been a small female bat?...I didnt see a purse...either way, it was something...We have 4 bald Eagles here now sitting up in the trees over the bayou.....just beautiful...

Wife wants me to go out on the ice and lay out some guts and liver!...OK, no problem, its Valentines day and I'm a hopeless romantic...Dozen roses? No! Haul a pound of liver out on the ice and feed the Eagles! Yeah, shes a keeper! .:laughing:...FWIW, I aint seen a Luna Moth in the past 5years...and that is very troubling...
Guts on the ice on Valentines Day?! Yeah she's a keeper! Luna's are still around but everything in less abundance. Let me know if you see any Cecropias around those ball fields when you're stabbin' clad in the the early morning hours. Their flight time is midnight to 3:00.

Last edited:
Silence... voices go quiet..

I've only started this obsession.. I mean hobby a week ago and already I've found myself in the zone.. where the voices go away.. stillness of mind and spirit.. swinging the MD to and fro, keeping it from hitting the sand.. slow pace, looking at the indicators.. feeling the breeze on my face as I slowly move up and down a beach through, so relaxed, so in tune with nature.. so.. relaxed..

and completely startled when someone approaches me and asks if I've found treasure yet..

dayum.. this is a really relaxing hobby ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom