A Nervous Cabelas Buyer

ME&MYACE400

Elite Member
Well i order my pinpointer Thursday from Cabelas and they state it will ship from factory (minelab). After reading the reviews it sounds like the store has problems. I'm thinking i should of had a tracking number already.
Your thoughts :shock:

Why didn't you buy from one of the sponsors here on the site. They are a great bunch of guys, with a wealth of knowledge and they will help you out with any questions you might have. The majority of people at Cabelas don't know any more than whats printed on the box. Thats my thought. Mark

Why didn't you buy from one of the sponsors here on the site. They are a great bunch of guys, with a wealth of knowledge and they will help you out with any questions you might have. The majority of people at Cabelas don't know any more than whats printed on the box. Thats my thought. Mark

Because i don't know anything about the sponsors here. Cabelas had it for twenty dollars less and free shipping. Minelab would still be the support company for any problems.

If it's coming from Minelab i would think they would of ship it already.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s just a problem with shipping it’s probably just a momentary problem. If it was concerning the actual unit quality from Cabelas then I might be worried.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s just a problem with shipping it’s probably just a momentary problem. If it was concerning the actual unit quality from Cabelas then I might be worried.

Thank You, Really Getting Excited To Trimming My Trenches Down So I Can Continue on :lol:

Because i don't know anything about the sponsors here. Cabelas had it for twenty dollars less and free shipping. Minelab would still be the support company for any problems.

For future reference the top right of the main forum page is a list of all sponsors. Check them out and see who sells what ever it may be your looking for. They all have a set price from the manufacturer they have to list stuff at. BUT you can call them and mention your a forum member and usually get a “not in writing” price with free shipping. Don’t be afraid to call a few and shop around. You can get great deals. I’ve seen used stuff sell on the for sale section for more then you would pay for a new one if someone shopped around. It’s a great resource and they are all reputable.

For future reference the top right of the main forum page is a list of all sponsors. Check them out and see who sells what ever it may be your looking for. They all have a set price from the manufacturer they have to list stuff at. BUT you can call them and mention your a forum member and usually get a “not in writing” price with free shipping. Don’t be afraid to call a few and shop around. You can get great deals. I’ve seen used stuff sell on the for sale section for more then you would pay for a new one if someone shopped around. It’s a great resource and they are all reputable.

Thank You For The Reference I Might Have To Look Into A Tent In case I Get Lost In A Hole:grin:

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks

and I agree, its the American way to find the best deal out there. You say you don't know anything about the sponsors here, with a little research you would see they have been doing business here for years, now do you really think their reputation or integrity is worth compromising for a hundred dollar sale--Really ? Do you really think they wouldn't back a sale ?
A little story here, last year I bought an Etrac. I could have found one a little cheaper but I choose to go with a reputable dealer from this site. Now we did business, he already had my money, by the way it was here in two days.Three months later, when I was frustrated, thinking it couldn't be me, the guy spent well over an hour on the phone discussing the issues I was having and helping me to work things out. So when Minelab announced a new machine, I called him to order, didn't ask for a veterans discount, just paid the price. They need to make a living too. I'm on a fixed income and every dollar matters to me as well but sometimes the price is the price--BUT what comes with the price can and sometimes is priceless. By the way Cabelas website only shows the Profind 15 for 99$. which IS 20$ less Could not find THE 35. I am sure you will be happy as Minelab makes a great product, and I don't mean to sound harsh, just stating my thoughts as you ask. HH Mark

and I agree, its the American way to find the best deal out there. You say you don't know anything about the sponsors here, with a little research you would see they have been doing business here for years, now do you really think their reputation or integrity is worth compromising for a hundred dollar sale--Really ? Do you really think they wouldn't back a sale ?
A little story here, last year I bought an Etrac. I could have found one a little cheaper but I choose to go with a reputable dealer from this site. Now we did business, he already had my money, by the way it was here in two days.Three months later, when I was frustrated, thinking it couldn't be me, the guy spent well over an hour on the phone discussing the issues I was having and helping me to work things out. So when Minelab announced a new machine, I called him to order, didn't ask for a veterans discount, just paid the price. They need to make a living too. I'm on a fixed income and every dollar matters to me as well but sometimes the price is the price--BUT what comes with the price can and sometimes is priceless. By the way Cabelas website only shows the Profind 15 for 99$. which IS 20$ less Could not find THE 35. I am sure you will be happy as Minelab makes a great product, and I don't mean to sound harsh, just stating my thoughts as you ask. HH Mark

Thank You For That, input is good for future purchases.

I'm surprised you didn't see the (35) listed for 129.00 instead of 149.00

Minelab and Cabelas are both reputable companies. The only there way there would be an issue is in the event of some random mess up. If you ordered it from some random website nobody has ever heard of then you might be concerned.

As others have said, in the future if you make a purchase I would email or private message a sponsor. Most of the time they are restricted on what prices they can advertise on their website and can sell for cheaper then advertised price. If you reach out to them they will give a you better price.

Cabelas was just bought by Bass Pro. I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are both good companies.

Saw a relic pouch at Cabela's last year when wandering the store trying to waste some time. Didn't have the cash on me at the time and went back a few weeks later to get it. Of course it was gone at that time. Ordered it online as a ship to store, got delayed a few weeks due to backorder but did get there. Really like the pouch so it was worth the wait.

Shipping in general seems to be sketchy lately. I bought a bunch of items from amazon and it took a while for tracking numbers. What I got was sups numbers but they said they did not have the packages yet for days. It turns out another shipper had them and moved them across the country, usps received them 7 miles from my home and the tracking updated directly to delivered when they arrived. I still have 2 packages out there that usps said a shipping partner has them but amazon says they are in my local post office?

Shipping in general seems to be sketchy lately. I bought a bunch of items from amazon and it took a while for tracking numbers. What I got was sups numbers but they said they did not have the packages yet for days. It turns out another shipper had them and moved them across the country, usps received them 7 miles from my home and the tracking updated directly to delivered when they arrived. I still have 2 packages out there that usps said a shipping partner has them but amazon says they are in my local post office?

I've yet to understand the way some things ship. My dishwasher died on me a few weeks back and my wife took it upon herself to order one from Overstock of all places. Apparently she got a deal on it and they offered free shipping so I guess it may be alirght. Tracking is what has me concerned, shipped from Brooklyn to Humbolt TX and sitting there now saying delivered, thank you for your purchase. Delivery address on the order is in Ohio so why it went from NY to TX instead of OH is beyond me. Hopefully it's just some freight terminal or something but it sure is taking a roundabout way to get here. If it doesn't move from that location in a few days I guess I'll be making some phone calls.

I've yet to understand the way some things ship. My dishwasher died on me a few weeks back and my wife took it upon herself to order one from Overstock of all places. Apparently she got a deal on it and they offered free shipping so I guess it may be alirght. Tracking is what has me concerned, shipped from Brooklyn to Humbolt TX and sitting there now saying delivered, thank you for your purchase. Delivery address on the order is in Ohio so why it went from NY to TX instead of OH is beyond me. Hopefully it's just some freight terminal or something but it sure is taking a roundabout way to get here. If it doesn't move from that location in a few days I guess I'll be making some phone calls.

I think some of that is just shipper error. I once had an item ship from OH and it went to Mass. before coming to me in PA. No way that was the most efficient route. Hopefully your situation is an error or someone in texas came home to a new dishwasher they did not order!:D

I ordered lots o deer hunting and fishing stuff from them, Never hade a problem their good.

I think some of that is just shipper error. I once had an item ship from OH and it went to Mass. before coming to me in PA. No way that was the most efficient route. Hopefully your situation is an error or someone in texas came home to a new dishwasher they did not order!:D

I guess that's why it cost so much to ship an item these days. If shipping isn't included I don't order it or just have it sent to the nearest store and pick it up myself. Site to Store is always free these days. I'm sure it's all wrapped up in the price of the item anyway so I doubt I'm saving anything.

Minelab and Cabelas are both reputable companies. The only there way there would be an issue is in the event of some random mess up. If you ordered it from some random website nobody has ever heard of then you might be concerned.

As others have said, in the future if you make a purchase I would email or private message a sponsor. Most of the time they are restricted on what prices they can advertise on their website and can sell for cheaper then advertised price. If you reach out to them they will give a you better price.

X's 2...:cool:

You should be fine, but had you ordered through a sponsor here, you would have had your pinpointer in 2-4 days AND they probably would have matched or beat cabellas price. I've dealt with a few sponsors here and they really are great guys!

You should be fine, but had you ordered through a sponsor here, you would have had your pinpointer in 2-4 days AND they probably would have matched or beat cabellas price. I've dealt with a few sponsors here and they really are great guys!

Ya, if i knew before how that worked i probably could of done that. Right now it looks as though Minelab is slow at processing the order. But you learn who you can rely on for quick shipping. They still haven't process yet.

Back
Top Bottom