Italy

haris9391

Hello guys thanks fro add me here :)
My name is haris , i am the owner of Metal Detectors Located in Aviano ITALY.
If any one need some info about the rules here in italy or would like to go out metal detecting sometime i am always available.
I currentrly use a ctx3030 , excalibur II and a garrett AT MAX

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Thanks for the invite to go detecting, but it's a little out of my travel range right now, I did visit Italy back in 1971, both Genoa and Naples, very nice people, culture and landscapes, I still have some coins I brought home from Italy back then, I'll have to see about posting some pictures of them.

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Welcome to the site

What are the laws over there regarding metal detecting and treasure hunting , do you have to report all finds to the goverment? Metal detecting in Italy would be a great post on here.

I would be coming soon in jersey, mi wife is from bleirstown.
If any body from there i would love see some nice place where to detect

Italy metal detecting

I have always wanted to see your country so many great ruins and history , and my wife has always wanted to see where the Pope lives. I know some countries have very diffrent detecting laws than we have here. I am sure a lot of people on here will be interested in your finds over there.

everythings that have more then 50 yrs have to be report to the police,

Ok, .... so is someone following md'rs around, pocket-calculator in-hand, to do the math on the ages of each coin found ?

And if scores of people start showing up at police stations with 51 + yr. old coins to report, then it would seem to be only-a-matter of time before some archies would get their panties in a wad, and simply outlaw md'ing altogether.

Also: Might this rule only apply to public land ? After all, it's laws governing public land afterall, I'd assume. But if you're hunting on private farmer's fields with permission, then what ?

Hello guys thanks fro add me here :)
My name is haris , i am the owner of H.G.R Metal Detectors Located in Aviano ITALY.
If any one need some info about the rules here in italy or would like to go out metal detecting sometime i am always available.
I currentrly use a ctx3030 , excalibur II and a garrett AT MAX

Since you are a dealer, have you heard any information about when the Minelab Equinox is going to be available?

Well unfortunaly in italy the low abiout metal detecting and finds are very complicated, the low says that every things that have more then 50 yrs need to be report, but at the same time if i go at the police station with a coin from 1960 they will prob take rid of it..
Usually if i doest have an archeologic value like a roman coin a greek coin or venice coin they will let u keep it, about rings and jewelery u have to report everythings and if nobody hed report the lose they will give it back to you after 12 month.
LoL sorry for my english

Hey jason, hopfully we should receive them this week, but they will be available from the first week of jenuary if everythings goes well, but u already know that there is always problem.
Here is our fb page: <<<Deleted by Admin>>>

Please refer to our forum rules, specifically about advertising your metal
detecting business on the forum. The rules can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... about rings and jewelery u have to report everythings and if nobody hed report the lose they will give it back to you after 12 month...

We have that here in the USA too. It's called "lost & found laws". All 50 states have them. A value criteria of $100 or whatever .... beyond which you must turn in the item to police, for proper lost & found procedures.

So take a glance down the "today's find" section of any md'ing forum (particularly beach hunting forums where rings are routinely on show & tell). Let's have a show of hands here folks: How many of those md'rs do you think ran to the nearest police station to turn them in ? Yet .... just like you find in Italy.... it's technically on the books. SO TOO do I have to wonder if there's not a little "reading between the lines" of stuff like the "50 yr. rule" that you allude to.

For example: We have ARPA in the USA. And believe it or not, some purist archies and well-meaning pencil pushers have assumed this subrogates down to state and county and city level. Not saying to "throw caution to the wind" in Italy . But just sayin' that I bet there's md'rs there , right now, finding old coins. And I'll bet there's tons of cops that would look at you like you're from outer space if you come up to them with 1960 clad to turn in.

Back
Top Bottom