"Jake - Life is Good" Metal Detecting Design

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I love “Jake” and the whole “Life is Good” series and actually own a few of their products. For a few years, I was always looking for anything related to metal detecting with "Jake" so that I could purchase it but I could never find anything. Over a year ago, I got one of the “Jake” characters and another appropriately cartoonish character off the internet and I commissioned one of the students at my school to combine the designs. I told him I that I wanted Jake with the detector and headsets that the other cartoon had on. (I think it was a cartoon girl detecting but I’m not sure). In any case, this is what the student came up with. After some time strengthening and cleaning up the colors, the final design was completed! Finally after over a year, I was at Goodwill this last weekend and decided to complete my "Jake" MDing shirt and bought a plain white cotton t-shirt. My “Jake Metal Detecting” t-shirt is alive after the iron-on transfer! :clapping: I am including the picture file for anybody that would like to do the same.

Attachments

• Jake shirt 1.jpg
    Jake shirt 1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 669
  • LIG JAKE (Final).jpg
    LIG JAKE (Final).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 487
Jake makes us smile too!

Glad to see that he's taken to detecting.

2 college kids in Boston started this back in he 1990's.

It got big!! :yes:

I am including the picture file for anybody that would like to do the same.

Well sir, I feel better now. :sweet: I stole your image the day you posted it and had a couple T shirts made and wore them last summer. :pirate:
I am a big fan of old Jake and his dog and have worn out many Jake shirts over the years. I HAD to have that one on a shirt.
It is by far the best Jake image ever!

LIGBeep.jpg

Well sir, I feel better now. :sweet: I stole your image the day you posted it and had a couple T shirts made and wore them last summer. :pirate:
I am a big fan of old Jake and his dog and have worn out many Jake shirts over the years. I HAD to have that one on a shirt.
It is by far the best Jake image ever!

View attachment 376656

DUDE! You have made my day!! :laughing: Thanks for letting me know:yes:.

Hmmm?..Never heard of this character Jake? Basically a Primative grinning stick figure??....Looks like some sort of cave drawing? I might be a buyer if you lost the Birkenstocks though...had him waving around a can of beer, or a pistol and smoking a cig...as long as this 'Jake' shirt came as a long tail heavy cotton pocket tee of course...Like Duluth Trading sells...

Do me a Buggs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck or Tasmanian Devil facsimile and I'm about a buyer! Gotta be heavy cotton and log tee with pockets though...under $5 shipped..:laughing:

Do me a Daffy Duck remake shouting "Sufferin Sensitivity"! Lifting a big gold ring or a chain, with a cig hanging out of his beak, wearing a twin barrel beer helmet!...Yeah....!:laughing:

DUDE! You have made my day!! :laughing: Thanks for letting me know:yes:.

I used to be a quiet, polite fella before I started hanging around Pirates.
Now I pillage as a second nature without giving it a second thought.

Snif...you guys are Great!!! :pirates: :hi5:

I love “Jake” and the whole “Life is Good” series and actually own a few of their products. For a few years, I was always looking for anything related to metal detecting with "Jake" so that I could purchase it but I could never find anything. Over a year ago, I got one of the “Jake” characters and another appropriately cartoonish character off the internet and I commissioned one of the students at my school to combine the designs. I told him I that I wanted Jake with the detector and headsets that the other cartoon had on. (I think it was a cartoon girl detecting but I’m not sure). In any case, this is what the student came up with. After some time strengthening and cleaning up the colors, the final design was completed! Finally after over a year, I was at Goodwill this last weekend and decided to complete my "Jake" MDing shirt and bought a plain white cotton t-shirt. My “Jake Metal Detecting” t-shirt is alive after the iron-on transfer! :clapping: I am including the picture file for anybody that would like to do the same.

Here your chance lol http://content.lifeisgood.com/art-c...ril102017_campaign_kidsart&utm_term=artsquare

I would not sell them might be some copyright problems Lol

Not copyright... Trademark infringement. Definitely a possibility. I checked and found both Jake and the "Life is Good" words are trademarked.

Very cool, though, and for personal use, I think you're probably just fine!

Back
Top Bottom