Wwii pilot ring foster field usaaf 10k gold

londonboss

Hi,

I see this Pilot ring come up in my local antique auction. never seen anything like it. so bought it. its quite a big ring, cost me a lot.

I've just put it on ebay for £500 submit a offer.

<<EBAY LINK REMOVED>>

could anyone give me more information on it.

I've seen a few only none the same. This one looks more rare than the ones I have seen. thanks :)

Attachments

• Ring10kGentsGold.jpg
    Ring10kGentsGold.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 941
Details

It has 10k written inside,

also has initials G.W Inside.

On one of the sides it has a eagle with a code below which I cannot make out properly. AP-G ? 4P-G? FP-G? I'm not 100% sure last digit is 100% a G though. below that is a plane flying downwards.

on the other side is a shield with wings, below that is the front of a planes propeller.

Please let me know if anyone has more information for me.

I'm in Greenwich London, I know its a American world war 2 pilot ring.
no idea how it ended up in London. and missing a stone or something from the middle it appears? would anyone know if that would affect value. what true value is?

my email is [email protected] thanks

Would need more pics.

Personally, I'd try to find the original owner or their family and offer to sell it back to them for what I bought it for. These things can mean a lot. Just my opinion, though.

Value?

What would people say the value is,

I'll get my camera out and send pictures of the sides tomorrow.

just I know there wasn't many gold rings made during world war 2 as there was a gold shortage hence why most rings are silver from world war 2.

also the fact it has a plane flying downwards?

remember when the Americans all crashed the planes to give there lives when they run out of amo?

Maybe this pilot did this? I have no idea, anyone know what stone would have been in the middle and how much this may affect value by? its a chunky quite heavy ring.

thanks all for replys.

Foster field was in Victoria Tx during wwii. The property was returned to the origional land owners after the war ended.

Does anyone know what kind of person would have owned the ring?

I've seen that it was rare to have a gold ring made from world war 2 as gold was what they used to purchase items so it was very hard to come by at the time. which is why most things where made from silver.

Also does anyone know the true value?, not scrap value as this is a very historic piece.

Also message me if anyone is interested in buying it cheers.

Stone missing is gonna be a big issue. I have a set of pilots wings that sell for between 60 to 80 bucks. Some ask for $200 on fleabay. :shock:

Stone missing is gonna be a big issue. I have a set of pilots wings that sell for between 60 to 80 bucks. Some ask for $200 on fleabay. :shock:

Yes I understand stone is missing, set of pilot wings in silver there must be thousands and thousands of them. and there silver so wont be worth much.

but the historical value of this ring, the fact it's gold aswell.
there must be hardly any of these around not seen any on ebay...

I've seen tons of the pilot wings so know there not valuable. but someone one here must know the real value of this ring?

You have not met the minimum requirements to offer items for sale on this forum.

Please do not do this again.

but someone one here must know the real value of this ring?

Anything on earth is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. No way anyone would know what it is worth. On fleabay they have a make offer button. Hopefully you can hold out for a lot over melt. But that sort of stuff is for a distinct market. If I was a collector I wouldn't even look at one without the stone. You may consider getting the stone replaced. Not sure how rare they are? My friend found a 14k one in a yard in Dallas Texas.

Back
Top Bottom