Sandbar River Hunt Today Nothing

msand

Elite Member
The water level really drop in the last week or two. Headed out with the garrett250 this afternoon and went up and down the sand bar up to the water. Found some old bobwire and a metal fence. That's it. Desided to post a picture for my effort. Good time just getting back out in the sand and water. If the water keeps dropping I may have to get my coil wet.

Attachments

• River1.jpg
    River1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 255
  • River2.jpg
    River2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 255
any bears of wolfs? I was just wondering if you carry? I kniw I sure would wearing headphones and not hearing anything :)

Headphones around my neck. I carry but, the only tracks I saw were Deer, coyote, raccoon and river otter. Bob cats could be a problem but never had one come at me.

I like to hit the river here. August usually means low water. Our county roads have many bridges over the river. Ppl are always chucking things off the bridges. I will start down river 100 yds sometimes more and work my way up river to the upside of the bridge. Never know what you might find.

I try and stay away from sand bars. In my short experiences in the rivers the bars tend to be light filled in stuff and the good stuff is trapped in the holes.

I try and stay away from sand bars. In my short experiences in the rivers the bars tend to be light filled in stuff and the good stuff is trapped in the holes.

Thank you for the tip, coin chaser.
The sandbar was easy walking, I'll need to get in the upgrade to AT Pro to get the holes in the river.

I agree that sandbars which shift will not usually hold anything old, just freshly dropped items from fishermen. Hunt the rocky areas where things get trapped. Also along the banks. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom