Today was a Button Affair!!!

VaMark

Elite Member
Went out today to a new spot with my buddy after the rain finally stopped.
It turned out to be worth the wait. I never thought I would see the day I dug more buttons than bullets :shock: I ended up with 28 buttons today although 2 fell apart, 1 was a nice Eagle "I" coat, 1 Eagle "I" cuff sized, the rest were general service Eagles cuff sized. Also found a few nice bullets, 3 Burnsides, 2 Gardners, a ringtail Sharps, a couple unsures, and 3 ringers.
I don't know what the rectangular brass thing is, it has a spring in the back of it, I found 2 and my buddy found a couple.
The 1 picture is from yesterday and has what looks to be a mess kit fork, bullets, button, and lead sabot chunk.

Thanks for looking!
HH

Attachments

• 3-16-13dirtybuttons.jpg
    3-16-13dirtybuttons.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 3-16-13buttons.jpg
    3-16-13buttons.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 3-16-13theI's.jpg
    3-16-13theI's.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 3-16-13stuff.jpg
    3-16-13stuff.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 3-15-13stuff.jpg
    3-15-13stuff.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 279
Wow! Got buttons? That Eagle "I" looks pretty awesome!

You had a heck of a day. Great saves, those button are cool. I have dug some & watched them fall apart in the hole. We don't have to wory about those rotting. Great job Mark. HH

Wow! No wonder you guys actually have annual CW digging events about this time! So much back and forth in Virginia.

Congrat's on a stellar outing, for sure!

The rectangular brass thing I believe is a stripper clip for bullets.

clip_zps85465a0f.jpg

The bullets were stored on it and you use an adapter to push them into the rifle magazine. The spring held the bullets tight in it.

Nice button collection. Looks like a lot of cleaning!

The rectangular brass thing I believe is a stripper clip for bullets.

clip_zps85465a0f.jpg

The bullets were stored on it and you use an adapter to push them into the rifle magazine. The spring held the bullets tight in it.

Nice button collection. Looks like a lot of cleaning!

Thanks, I thought thats what it was but wasn't sure.

Wow, awesome stuff. We won't find anything like that I'm my neck of the woods. Nice to see though, thanks for posting.

Man that's an awesome day brotha. Congrads! That coat button cleaned up really nice. Gonna try to clean it up some more and make that gold shine? Try the Naval Jelly on that one.

Man that's an awesome day brotha. Congrads! That coat button cleaned up really nice. Gonna try to clean it up some more and make that gold shine? Try the Naval Jelly on that one.

Did a little more cleaning with tooth pick and Naval jelly, WOW!:bling:

Attachments

• 3-16-13cleanEagle.jpg
    3-16-13cleanEagle.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 187
Back
Top Bottom