Looking for the forum for storing

Advice for what, Storing your detector? Remove the batteries and put it somewhere safe. Storing finds? Wherever your spouse wont toss them out.

I don't think there's one. Maybe just post your questions here in this forum?

Advice for what, Storing your detector? Remove the batteries and put it somewhere safe. Storing finds? Wherever your spouse wont toss them out.

Sorry about that, storing our finds? And do you throw out the junk?
I can't imagine storing my detector, it's become my daily view:lol:

Depends on what your storing...If clad you can put it in a jar/ container until you get enough to run through a coinstar. When I store other items I try to keep them separate according to what they are. Silver is kept in its on box, relics in other, head stamps in another, bullets/ shell casing in another...etc. Just depends on how organized you want to be. Just remember this is "your" hobby, so you can come up with what works best for you.

I have some stuff stored in a bowl and some stuff stored in a crown royal bag on my dresser , and there are a few odds and ends here and there that Ive probably forgotten about by now :lol:

Everybody does things different , whatever you feel like doing with the things you find is the thing to do.

Sorry about that, storing our finds? And do you throw out the junk?
I can't imagine storing my detector, it's become my daily view:lol:

No, I don't throw away my trash. It all goes into a huge H&M plastic bag and when it's full, I empty it and sort out all the metals into buckets. Need to do that soon actually. Copper and brass earns you the most $$, but all the can slaw and pulltabs add up quickly too. Lead is good too.

I store my "important,odd or interesting" relics in plano stack-able tackle organizers. They come in a ton of sizes and depths. 1 box for buckles, 1 box for musket balls and musket parts etc. Clad goes in a big jar then coin star, I save copper,lead and brass trash. When I get enough, I give it to a friends son and he takes it to the scrapper and makes a couple bucks. Old coins, silver coins go in coin envelopes then into their own Plano box.

Just remember this is "your" hobby said:
what ever you find unique, or interesting that appeals to you.
if you like to collect buttons, bullets, coins, or pull tabs. :laughing:
I use plastic peanut butter jars keeping old keys, dog tags, tokens, medals and other unique odd finds for show and tell :D

recycle your trash finds at a scrap yard, separate the metal into 5 gal. buckets
your higher value junk/trash metals are copper, brass, aluminum, stainless steel
It may take awhile to add up to much, but it all adds up!
hey a $2.00/lb of copper/ $ 2.50 a gallon of gas
if you dug it up, recycle it, that's better than going to a landfill.

Back
Top Bottom